www.lawnix.com

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

How reliable is lawnix.com

1. Don't know
No votes
2. Not reliable at all
No votes
3. Somewhat reliable
40%
4. Quite reliable
40%
5. Pretty accurate and reliable
20%

Total votes: 5

pfreedom

www.lawnix.com

Postby pfreedom » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 am

How reliable and accurate is lawnix.com as a source for case-briefs? How often do law students here use it?
It seems to be a great tool to verify that I've briefed my cases correctly and that I haven't missed any angles or nuances.
Please share your experiences and opinion.

PinkCow

Re: www.lawnix.com

Postby PinkCow » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:29 am

I used lawnix and casebriefs a lot. Usually I would read the case and just google the brief and read over that to clear up any fuzzy spots. Every once in a while I'd rely solely on those sites if I missed the reading, which was rare. I don't recommend doing that.

I didn't find too many big errors (some minor facts) and the law was usually on. The only thing to watch out for is often times cases will have multiple holdings and only one will be relevant to your class. So, make sure you're not looking at a brief that only covers a torts issue as the rule when you're reading it for its contract holding.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:50 am

I like it. They don't have all of the cases we use, and sometimes my profs concentrate on areas that are not emphasized on the site. I just use it to copy and paste the information I already understand because I am too lazy to type it out.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:54 am

This site is also pretty good: --LinkRemoved--

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”