List law schools I didn't get in on bar application? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Torvon

Bronze

List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Post by Torvon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?

niederbomb

Silver

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Post by niederbomb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?
Denied: Harvard Law School. Details: LSAT score was only 160. Name: Harvard Law School. Address XXXX. Telephone Number: XXXX.

LOL that can't be right, really?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Lol how lame. And yes that's exactly what you are supposed to do.
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Borhas wrote:
What about waitlists?!

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Borhas wrote:

My god that is beyond retarded. If you don't mind, what state are you in? How is not getting into a school because of your numbers in any possible way related to C and F?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pate

Bronze

Post by Pate » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization
If I have to list all the major professional law firms that denied me admission . . I may need more ink. :oops:

attractive_NUisance

New

Post by attractive_NUisance » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Um, they mean professional organizations in a different sense. As in the American Medical Association denied me membership for gross medical malpractice or the Certified Public Accountants group banned me for life for encouraging a client to inflate its earnings.

It would be funny though to list all of the firms that rejected you from summer work. I'm sure someone at the state bar would get a kick out of it.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Out this STTTate.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

asoli

New

Post by asoli » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Call someone from the bar association and ask

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Nice. Let's reopen some old wounds and pour some salt into them.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 am

acrossthelake wrote:I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?
That's what I thought when I originally looked read it. How can it possibly be relevant for the bar?

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?
That's what I thought when I originally looked read it. How can it possibly be relevant for the bar?
To cross check the accuracy of your disclosures

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 am

Lawl Shcool wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Ok, but how could they expect you to answer it? Schools don't give out reasons. I guess you could parrot the bullshit the schools feed you: "They had a record number of applications that year and it was their most competitive year ever."

Also, they expect people to remember what colleges rejected you? And what about that prep school you didn't get into? It's retarded.

Anonymous Loser

Silver

Post by Anonymous Loser » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 am

Figures it would be some backward state like Idaho that only receives a handful of applications for admission each year.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Ok, but how could they expect you to answer it? Schools don't give out reasons. I guess you could parrot the bullshit the schools feed you: "They had a record number of applications that year and it was their most competitive year ever."

Also, they expect people to remember what colleges rejected you? And what about that prep school you didn't get into? It's retarded.
Yea this. Does it become a "failure to disclose" issue if you forget one? I swear bar admission scares the hell out of me. Stupid shit like this makes me worried.

Edit: and yea I know it's a pretty irrational fear

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

Y'all are over thinking it, clearly you can't know why each school rejected you and there is no way the state expects you to be able to know that. Obviously a call to the state bar for clarity is the best option here but assuming that was not possible, I would just list each school like this:

1) Harvard Law School - denied admission, address, phone number, etc.
2) Columbia Law School - denied admission...and so on and so on.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm suddenly glad I only applied to two schools.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Denied: University of Illinois. Reason, they didn't need my actual LSAT score, since they were going to fake their median anyway.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:Y'all are over thinking it, clearly you can't know why each school rejected you and there is no way the state expects you to be able to know that. Obviously a call to the state bar for clarity is the best option here but assuming that was not possible, I would just list each school like this:

1) Harvard Law School - denied admission, address, phone number, etc.
2) Columbia Law School - denied admission...and so on and so on.
Sure you do, they send you a letter explaining it. It always says something to the effect of "you're qualified, but we had other better qualified applicants"
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:Figures it would be some backward state like Idaho that only receives a handful of applications for admission each year.
+1 for google skills.

I will update this when I get around to calling someone and asking about it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”