List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Torvon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby niederbomb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?


Denied: Harvard Law School. Details: LSAT score was only 160. Name: Harvard Law School. Address XXXX. Telephone Number: XXXX.

LOL that can't be right, really?

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4854
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Borhas » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?


Lol how lame. And yes that's exactly what you are supposed to do.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby eaper » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Borhas wrote:
Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?


Lol how lame. And yes that's exactly what you are supposed to do.


What about waitlists?!

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby RedBirds2011 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Borhas wrote:
Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization?
If yes, attach a supplemental sheet specifying details including the nature of the denial and name, addrerss, and telephone number of the organization.
Does that mean I have to list every law school that rejected me? Or, is there a difference between being accepted and being admitted?


Lol how lame. And yes that's exactly what you are supposed to do.



My god that is beyond retarded. If you don't mind, what state are you in? How is not getting into a school because of your numbers in any possible way related to C and F?

User avatar
Pate
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Pate » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Torvon wrote:Here is a question from the bar application for the state I will be taking the bar in:
Have you ever been denied admission or readmission to any school, college, law school or professional organization


If I have to list all the major professional law firms that denied me admission . . I may need more ink. :oops:

attractive_NUisance
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby attractive_NUisance » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Um, they mean professional organizations in a different sense. As in the American Medical Association denied me membership for gross medical malpractice or the Certified Public Accountants group banned me for life for encouraging a client to inflate its earnings.

It would be funny though to list all of the firms that rejected you from summer work. I'm sure someone at the state bar would get a kick out of it.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby jd20132013 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Out this STTTate.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 pm

I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?

asoli
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby asoli » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Call someone from the bar association and ask

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Nice. Let's reopen some old wounds and pour some salt into them.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 am

acrossthelake wrote:I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?

That's what I thought when I originally looked read it. How can it possibly be relevant for the bar?

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?

That's what I thought when I originally looked read it. How can it possibly be relevant for the bar?


To cross check the accuracy of your disclosures

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 am

Lawl Shcool wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?

That's what I thought when I originally looked read it. How can it possibly be relevant for the bar?


To cross check the accuracy of your disclosures

Ok, but how could they expect you to answer it? Schools don't give out reasons. I guess you could parrot the bullshit the schools feed you: "They had a record number of applications that year and it was their most competitive year ever."

Also, they expect people to remember what colleges rejected you? And what about that prep school you didn't get into? It's retarded.

Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Anonymous Loser » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 am

Figures it would be some backward state like Idaho that only receives a handful of applications for admission each year.

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby RedBirds2011 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I...don't remember the full list anymore. Hopefully my LSN was accurate if I encounter a bar app with that O.o Do you think they maybe mean was it ever rescinded?

That's what I thought when I originally looked read it. How can it possibly be relevant for the bar?


To cross check the accuracy of your disclosures

Ok, but how could they expect you to answer it? Schools don't give out reasons. I guess you could parrot the bullshit the schools feed you: "They had a record number of applications that year and it was their most competitive year ever."

Also, they expect people to remember what colleges rejected you? And what about that prep school you didn't get into? It's retarded.


Yea this. Does it become a "failure to disclose" issue if you forget one? I swear bar admission scares the hell out of me. Stupid shit like this makes me worried.

Edit: and yea I know it's a pretty irrational fear

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Lawl Shcool » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

Y'all are over thinking it, clearly you can't know why each school rejected you and there is no way the state expects you to be able to know that. Obviously a call to the state bar for clarity is the best option here but assuming that was not possible, I would just list each school like this:

1) Harvard Law School - denied admission, address, phone number, etc.
2) Columbia Law School - denied admission...and so on and so on.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm suddenly glad I only applied to two schools.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Denied: University of Illinois. Reason, they didn't need my actual LSAT score, since they were going to fake their median anyway.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4854
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Borhas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:Y'all are over thinking it, clearly you can't know why each school rejected you and there is no way the state expects you to be able to know that. Obviously a call to the state bar for clarity is the best option here but assuming that was not possible, I would just list each school like this:

1) Harvard Law School - denied admission, address, phone number, etc.
2) Columbia Law School - denied admission...and so on and so on.


Sure you do, they send you a letter explaining it. It always says something to the effect of "you're qualified, but we had other better qualified applicants"

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: List law schools I didn't get in on bar application?

Postby Torvon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:Figures it would be some backward state like Idaho that only receives a handful of applications for admission each year.


+1 for google skills.

I will update this when I get around to calling someone and asking about it.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baller31, LawHammer and 11 guests