Bankruptcy to get rid of student loans?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jurisx

Re: Bankruptcy to get rid of student loans?

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:46 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:OP: Although you present an interesting question, the reality is that most jobs require a credit check. Bankruptcy, for other than emergency medical bills possibly, could lock one out of many careers for 7 to 10 years.

who says I want to work for anyone? How do you know I don't just want to get pregnant and have babies and get welfare until someone pays my bills for me?
Last edited by jurisx on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Then you may have a good plan because you certainly know how to f--- yourself. :D

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:50 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Then you may have a good plan because you certainly know how to f--- yourself. :D

WAR ON WOMEN!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:55 pm

jurisx wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Then you may have a good plan because you certainly know how to f--- yourself. :D

WAR ON WOMEN!

Have you ever considered putting your hand over your mouth and holding it there as long as you can?

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:59 pm

3|ink wrote:
jurisx wrote:

WAR ON WOMEN!

Have you ever considered putting your hand over your mouth and holding it there as long as you can?

You like to HOM women? Says a lot about you.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:02 pm

jurisx wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:OP: Although you present an interesting question, the reality is that most jobs require a credit check. Bankruptcy, for other than emergency medical bills possibly, could lock one out of many careers for 7 to 10 years.

who says I want to work for anyone? How do you know I don't just want to get pregnant and have babies and get welfare until someone pays my bills for me?

You sound like a catch.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:03 pm

jurisx wrote:
3|ink wrote:
jurisx wrote:

WAR ON WOMEN!

You like to HOM women? Says a lot about you.

I said your hand.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:06 pm

So your into voyerism too, it just keeps getting sicker eh pal? Sadistic.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Seems you have held your hand over your mouth for an extended period of time. It just wasn't long enough.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:11 pm

3|ink wrote:Seems you have held your hand over your mouth for an extended period of time. It just wasn't long enough.

WTF are you talking about? Do you even know people can breath through their nose? You ever meet a real person in your life?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:14 pm

jurisx wrote:
3|ink wrote:Seems you have held your hand over your mouth for an extended period of time. It just wasn't long enough.

WTF are you talking about? Do you even know people can breath through their nose? You ever meet a real person in your life?

Depends on how your hand is positioned on your mouth. I guess that's why it didn't take its full effect on you.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:16 pm

jurisx wrote:

Looks like BearsGrl has renamed herself.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:21 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:
jurisx wrote:

Looks like BearsGrl has renamed herself.

Perhaps. But I don't remember Bearsgrl ever trying this hard.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 pm

(I don't know why I'm still bothering with this but it was bugging me, so here's another BK Code section, 105(a):

(a) The court may issue any order, process, or judgment that is necessary or appropriate to carry out the provisions of this title. No provision of this title providing for the raising of an issue by a party in interest shall be construed to preclude the court from, sua sponte, taking any action or making any determination necessary or appropriate to enforce or implement court orders or rules, or to prevent an abuse of process.

i.e. the court can pretty much do what it wants to enforce shit if you're gaming the system.)

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:25 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:(I don't know why I'm still bothering with this but it was bugging me, so here's another BK Code section, 105(a):

(a) The court may issue any order, process, or judgment that is necessary or appropriate to carry out the provisions of this title. No provision of this title providing for the raising of an issue by a party in interest shall be construed to preclude the court from, sua sponte, taking any action or making any determination necessary or appropriate to enforce or implement court orders or rules, or to prevent an abuse of process.

i.e. the court can pretty much do what it wants to enforce shit if you're gaming the system.)

so if it can do what it wants, and I smile pretty enough that the Judge likes me, it's worth a shot then?

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:32 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:(I don't know why I'm still bothering with this but it was bugging me, so here's another BK Code section, 105(a):

Just FYI, courts of appeals have interpreted 105 really narrowly.

That said, you don't need any general equitable powers to get at idiots trying to pull stunts like the one in the OP.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:34 pm

jurisx wrote:

so if it can do what it wants, and I smile pretty enough that the Judge likes me, it's worth a shot then?

Yeah, not BearsGrl. Trying way too hard.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:34 pm

ok, new idea.

Get non revolving debt. (no interest) to pay off the loans. That goes away in like 7 years and the whole time I am paying my other bills and cards so credit is not entirely bombed, and in theory I would have the job and house and car I wanted (even in all leased) by that point so no credit check required during that time period while I wait for the magic to happen.

No court required.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:41 pm

jurisx wrote:

Depends. Post pics.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:41 pm

jurisx wrote:ok, new idea.

Get non revolving debt. (no interest) to pay off the loans. That goes away in like 7 years and the whole time I am paying my other bills and cards so credit is not entirely bombed, and in theory I would have the job and house and car I wanted (even in all leased) by that point so no credit check required during that time period while I wait for the magic to happen.

No court required.

Sounds good. You've cracked the code.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:45 pm

No court required.

The court will probably be required when that company that lent you the
money to pay off your loans sues you.

Unless you get the money from a loan shark, in which case they'll just kill you for non-payment.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:46 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:

No court required.

Unless you get the money from a loan shark, in which case they'll just kill you for non-payment.

I'm also having trouble figuring out where this apparent zero-interest, $200,000 unsecured loan is going to come from. If you could do this, then you wouldn't need student loans in the first place.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:58 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:

No court required.

They don't take you to court. They threaten to and then just put it on your credit report. Lots of little loans. Not one big one. Plus who cares if they court order you to pay it? Collection is a seperate issue, just loops a bit and then goes away.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:59 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:$200,000

No way this genius paid sticker.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:09 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:$200,000

No way this genius paid sticker.

How much could a sticker possibly cost? Cant be worse than those balloons people have to buy at the end of their mortgages. Personally I prefer lollipops, but to each their own....

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”