How Does a Bill Become a Law?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stockbroker
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:23 pm

How Does a Bill Become a Law?

Postby stockbroker » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:31 pm

A law is first a bill, an idea convertible to a law. A law begins in an idea that has a rough idea of becoming a law. In the time during which the House is in session, a bill can be introduced. A bill is an idea that can be introduced by any of the members of Congress. Bills can be of various types. A public bill is the one that applies to the general population. A private bill may apply to a single person of a certain group of people. The local government proposes local bills and they apply to a certain locality. Hybrid bills are those, which combine the facets of both public and private bills. It is an accepted form in the UK but not a recognized type of bills in Canada.

SPAM REMOVED

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: How Does a Bill Become a Law?

Postby TTTLS » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:42 pm


User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: How Does a Bill Become a Law?

Postby chem » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:44 pm

stockbroker wrote:A law is first a bill, an idea convertible to a law. A law begins in an idea that has a rough idea of becoming a law. In the time during which the House is in session, a bill can be introduced. A bill is an idea that can be introduced by any of the members of Congress. Bills can be of various types. A public bill is the one that applies to the general population. A private bill may apply to a single person of a certain group of people. The local government proposes local bills and they apply to a certain locality. Hybrid bills are those, which combine the facets of both public and private bills. It is an accepted form in the UK but not a recognized type of bills in Canada.

SPAM REMOVED


Cool

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: How Does a Bill Become a Law?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 pm

chem wrote:
stockbroker wrote:A law is first a bill, an idea convertible to a law. A law begins in an idea that has a rough idea of becoming a law. In the time during which the House is in session, a bill can be introduced. A bill is an idea that can be introduced by any of the members of Congress. Bills can be of various types. A public bill is the one that applies to the general population. A private bill may apply to a single person of a certain group of people. The local government proposes local bills and they apply to a certain locality. Hybrid bills are those, which combine the facets of both public and private bills. It is an accepted form in the UK but not a recognized type of bills in Canada.

SPAM REMOVED


Cool

Story

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: How Does a Bill Become a Law?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:48 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
chem wrote:
stockbroker wrote:A law is first a bill, an idea convertible to a law. A law begins in an idea that has a rough idea of becoming a law. In the time during which the House is in session, a bill can be introduced. A bill is an idea that can be introduced by any of the members of Congress. Bills can be of various types. A public bill is the one that applies to the general population. A private bill may apply to a single person of a certain group of people. The local government proposes local bills and they apply to a certain locality. Hybrid bills are those, which combine the facets of both public and private bills. It is an accepted form in the UK but not a recognized type of bills in Canada.

SPAM REMOVED


Cool

Story

ho

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: How Does a Bill Become a Law?

Postby bk1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Don't do stupid fucking shit like quoting spam. Especially don't do it for something as retarded as the overplayed cool story bro meme.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: boomboompap and 9 guests