Alternative study method: outlines -> subtitles

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
erouting

Alternative study method: outlines -> subtitles

Postby erouting » Wed May 23, 2012 2:44 am

I got laryngitis during finals. To compensate for the lack of verbal studying I converted my outlines to subtitles. It makes studying slightly less boring. The idea is to mute a movie you're familiar with and read the subtitles. It requires some formatting to get the spacing right.

In the event that anyone other than myself can learn in that fashion, the program is at http://www.qpscience.com/sub-gen/

TTTLS

Re: Alternative study method: outlines -> subtitles

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 am

What.

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:05 am

erouting wrote:I got laryngitis during finals. To compensate for the lack of verbal studying I converted my outlines to subtitles. It makes studying slightly less boring. The idea is to mute a movie you're familiar with and read the subtitles. It requires some formatting to get the spacing right.

In the event that anyone other than myself can learn in that fashion, the program is at http://www.qpscience.com/sub-gen/

I'm a 0L and know I have no business posting in this forum but I actually think that program is pretty cool. I love movies and if I had had this program during finals time during UG I feel like it would have been a decent way to memorize some shit for 2 hours while taking a break during finals week. Sorry I know I shouldn't be posting here I tried to keep my post away from the potential benefits to law school because obviously I have no idea.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Huh, this is a thing that exists.

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Alternatively, I recorded myself speaking my outline and pertinent rules into voice-notes. I then upload them to iTunes, and just listened to myself day in and day out. I even put it on repeat to listen to while I sleept. I listened so much, I would get confused as to whether I was hearing my internal voice or listening to myself.
During my closed book exam my brain was firing off restatements like I was on Jeopardy!
Point is . . . do whatever works!!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”