Something there is about Columbia that loves to suck

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
chup

Re: Something there is about Columbia that loves to suck

Postby chup » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:53 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Haven't heard of anything here that's uniquely crazy. Although I'm pulling all-nighters in February, so that's sort of weird.

No one cares, gunner slime.

Sgt Pepper

Postby Sgt Pepper » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 am

So I'm only a 1L...but I like Columbia. There are a few ridiculous gunners, but they are harmless and are mostly hilarious to watch. Most of the people I have met here are really cool. I feel like there is nothing here that is any worse at any other law school (except the polar vortex perhaps).

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:27 am

Sgt Pepper wrote:So I'm only a 1L...but I like Columbia. There are a few ridiculous gunners, but they are harmless and are mostly hilarious to watch. Most of the people I have met here are really cool. I feel like there is nothing here that is any worse at any other law school (except the polar vortex perhaps).

yea because NYC is really the tundra.

Sgt Pepper

Postby Sgt Pepper » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 am

stillwater wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:So I'm only a 1L...but I like Columbia. There are a few ridiculous gunners, but they are harmless and are mostly hilarious to watch. Most of the people I have met here are really cool. I feel like there is nothing here that is any worse at any other law school (except the polar vortex perhaps).

Came from CA-it's the tundra to me.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Sgt Pepper wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Came from CA-it's the tundra to me.

Preach.

wiz

Postby wiz » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:54 pm

chup wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Haven't heard of anything here that's uniquely crazy. Although I'm pulling all-nighters in February, so that's sort of weird.

No one cares, gunner slime.

I was about to ask him a follow-up question but then read this and realized you're right. I don't care.

royilae

Postby royilae » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:36 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
sublime wrote:
Also, it really wouldn't surprise me if Columbia has the most, or close the most gunners out of any school as a result of their employment and salary out comes. May be (and probably is) a negligible difference in comparison to other top schools though.

Would I go there if I had the chance? Absofuckinglutely.

Seems like there would be more gunners at like a T2 or someplace where you abso-fucking-lutely have to finish top 10% or get lifepwned. No point in killing each other at a place where 80-85% who want Biglaw get it.

Of course, type A dudes are self-selecting into T14 anyway. You could spend three years at HLS smoking blunts daily and still be just fine, and yet people are still high-strung anyway.

Haven't heard of anything here that's uniquely crazy. Although I'm pulling all-nighters in February, so that's sort of weird.

you can't go to SLS or HLS and just smoke blunts and still be fine. Many people struck out at OCI and are still scrambling. YLS is the ONLY place where you can do that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”