How do people make lower than a B+ on exams?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
RMstratosphere

Re: How do people make lower than a B+ on exams?

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Dude, you suck.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed May 16, 2012 5:07 pm

1. you are insensitive 2. People make it depending on the Prof's, they have different tendencies and like different things, so sometimes its a fluke.

Next time you want to ask such a question suck it up, realize what you are doing, self-assess, say hey I am a douche, and move on.

Magnificent wrote:So at my T6, the median on any given exam is a B. With roughly the top 20% of exams getting A/A- and the bottom 20% getting B-/C.

I really don't know how its possible to make lower than median on law school exams. I've never made lower than a B+ on an exam in my law school career. And I've only made 2 B+'s, both of which were on exams where after reading the question I was so confused I didn't know where to start. I literally spent most of the test just reading the question hoping to see if there was something I was missing. I barely wrote anything in my response. I know alot of people when they panic just start writing everything they know down. I really was so confused during these two tests that I didn't even know where to begin.

I left both exams totally devastated expecting to make B-'s at best and most likely getting a C on the exam. Yet somehow I made a B+ on both exams placing me in the top 50-55% of the class. So I got to thinking, if my answer as bad as it was didn't make the bottom 40%, what the hell did those folks write to get them such low grades?

Can someone clue me in on how people make such low grades on exams?

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed May 16, 2012 5:22 pm

TTTLS wrote:Image

hahahah. damn you tttls...always making me laugh.

oh yeah, OP is an ass.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 16, 2012 5:28 pm

This always happens around summer or winter break when people start getting grades back: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=145086&p=3886037

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Wed May 16, 2012 5:38 pm

BTW, at what t6 is the "median on any given exam a B?"

dood

Postby dood » Wed May 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Why weren't you good enough to get into HYS?

ahahaha

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

OP is a professional troll and I have no idea how he hasn't been permabanned.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Wed May 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Curves are forced, and people do not study.

kwais

Postby kwais » Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Guys, serious question. How do other dudes not have foot long dongs? I mean all I do is roll out of bed and there it is.

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Wed May 16, 2012 7:01 pm

kwais wrote:Guys, serious question. How do other dudes not have foot long dongs? I mean all I do is roll out of bed and there it is.

I dunno man. There's really no excuse.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 pm

And why don't any of you have any money? I mean, my dad is just rolling in it and I don't get how people make less than six figures.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Magnificent wrote:So at my T6, the median on any given exam is a B. With roughly the top 20% of exams getting A/A- and the bottom 20% getting B-/C.

I really don't know how its possible to make lower than median on law school exams. I've never made lower than a B+ on an exam in my law school career. And I've only made 2 B+'s, both of which were on exams where after reading the question I was so confused I didn't know where to start. I literally spent most of the test just reading the question hoping to see if there was something I was missing. I barely wrote anything in my response. I know alot of people when they panic just start writing everything they know down. I really was so confused during these two tests that I didn't even know where to begin.

I left both exams totally devastated expecting to make B-'s at best and most likely getting a C on the exam. Yet somehow I made a B+ on both exams placing me in the top 50-55% of the class. So I got to thinking, if my answer as bad as it was didn't make the bottom 40%, what the hell did those folks write to get them such low grades?

Can someone clue me in on how people make such low grades on exams?

*fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey lisjjen, you think Z3RO and OP are the same dude?

lisjjen wrote:
Z3RO wrote:All I know is that last year I got a 180 after heavy steadying. I work 40 hrs/week at least. Just a matter of knowing what you're doing and study. Do it.

I got a perfect score, so I have little sympathy for people who say that they expect to get 160 and need help. If you're testing there, you don't really know what you're doing. Not like it's you're job.

Remember; this is how law school (and concordantly law jobs) are handed out. If you can't perform on a given day but are reliable, do phone tech support like me.

Very supportive. Very helpful. Also, you're a dick. This isn't the "Santa Claus isn't real" kind of dick. This is a "your mom has cancer, I'm going to tell a cancer joke... and then urinate on your head because mine doesn't" kind of dick.

You literally didn't say one constructive thing. You just told him he sucks because he doesn't fit into the 99.9% like you do. If that is the cost of genius, then live on your island by yourself. Fortunately, I know a slew of extraordinarily intelligent people who are enjoyable to be around, it seems you aren't one.

Bigbub75

Postby Bigbub75 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:05 pm

starchinkilt wrote:what is this i don't even

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Wed May 16, 2012 8:20 pm

this hasn't been locked yet?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Aaaand... that is enough.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”