Finals Grievances

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm

JoeFish wrote:Never in my life has three hours passed more quickly than during each of my law school exams this year.

This. I remember 3 hour flights that felt like an eternity. But during these exams it feels like 3 minutes.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby goodolgil » Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 pm

AZN MegaPoaster wrote:
JoeFish wrote:
AVBucks4239 wrote:you should be in such a zone that you shouldn't notice all this shit.


Never in my life has three hours passed more quickly than during each of my law school exams this year. I mean, I noticed when people left for about .2 seconds. And, geeze, I don't care what they do when they're out there.

Here's how you deal with dudes sneaking out and checking stuff on their phones: know your stuff so well inside and out that, when they leave the room to look up Rule X, you've already written a paragraph about it.


moast definitely. Everytime i saw someone get up during an exam i loled inside about it


well bro, i got up 2-4 times during each final, including 1-2 cigarette breaks per final and top 5%'d it 1L year. Sometimes taking a breather is the best thing to do.

User avatar
AZN MegaPoaster
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby AZN MegaPoaster » Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

goodolgil wrote:
AZN MegaPoaster wrote:
JoeFish wrote:
AVBucks4239 wrote:you should be in such a zone that you shouldn't notice all this shit.


Never in my life has three hours passed more quickly than during each of my law school exams this year. I mean, I noticed when people left for about .2 seconds. And, geeze, I don't care what they do when they're out there.

Here's how you deal with dudes sneaking out and checking stuff on their phones: know your stuff so well inside and out that, when they leave the room to look up Rule X, you've already written a paragraph about it.


moast definitely. Everytime i saw someone get up during an exam i loled inside about it


well bro, i got up 2-4 times during each final, including 1-2 cigarette breaks per final and top 5%'d it 1L year. Sometimes taking a breather is the best thing to do.


props to you, brother. definitely not my style, though

User avatar
AVBucks4239
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby AVBucks4239 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 am

AZN MegaPoaster wrote:Never in my life has three hours passed more quickly than during each of my law school exams this year. I mean, I noticed when people left for about .2 seconds. And, geeze, I don't care what they do when they're out there.

Here's how you deal with dudes sneaking out and checking stuff on their phones: know your stuff so well inside and out that, when they leave the room to look up Rule X, you've already written a paragraph about it.

I mean, of course you notice when somebody leaves the room. It's impossible not to notice because of the sound of the door.

The things I'm referring to is looking to see where their phone is, looking to see that there's a "phone imprint" on their pants, noticing the same people leaving, etc. All that is a bunch of bullshit you shouldn't even be paying attention to.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby shock259 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 am

How much "research" can you really do for a law school final on your phone in the bathroom? Maybe I'm spoiled because all of my exams were open book issue spotters, but it seems pretty silly to worry much about someone sneaking into the bathroom to check their phone.

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
TTTLS wrote:
Hippononymous wrote:
TTTLS wrote:Some schools treat their students like adults, whereas others they treat them like delinquents.

This.

Plus, if someone has to run to the bathroom multiple times to look things up on their phone, they are probably not a threat.
I keep telling myself that, but when it comes to the curve...

I don't want some kid to get two more points than me on an exam after he/she looked up something on his or her phone.


Image
Oh gawd I just got told by my own avatar!

User avatar
buckilaw
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby buckilaw » Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 am

walking into the exam room and seeing that around 15% of my classmates are gone. I wonder where they are...realize they are taking extra time.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby forty-two » Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 am

AZN MegaPoaster wrote:moast definitely. Everytime i saw someone get up during an exam i loled inside about it

Why? I get up to go to the restroom or clear my head at least once every hour during exams. It helps me stay focused and keeps me from overstressing. Different things work for different people, and getting up a bunch of times doesn't mean they'll do poorly or that they're cheating.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby northwood » Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 am

finals grievance: when your professor makes 25% of your test based on an optional reading assignment taht wasnt discussed at all in class

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby X_Soda » Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 am

AZN MegaPoaster wrote:
eandy wrote:If you think people are cheating because they go to the bathroom multiple times, you are way too paranoid.

1. Caffeine makes you have to go more often
2. Adderall makes you super thirsty so that you end up having to go more often
3. Anxiety makes you have to go (fight or flight response is to dump everything in your body to make you run faster)

A large portion of your classmates probably have one of those three things or combination thereof happening.


i literally stop drinking water the night before the exam and i only drink 5 hour energy drinks and use energy strips the day of so i dont have to risk losing time to go to the bathroom. 6 exams this year and didnt question going to the bathroom once


You are going to die so soon.

As for the dweeb all paranoid about people getting up to check stuff: Jesus.

User avatar
AZN MegaPoaster
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby AZN MegaPoaster » Tue May 15, 2012 10:10 am

forty-two wrote:
AZN MegaPoaster wrote:moast definitely. Everytime i saw someone get up during an exam i loled inside about it

Why? I get up to go to the restroom or clear my head at least once every hour during exams. It helps me stay focused and keeps me from overstressing. Different things work for different people, and getting up a bunch of times doesn't mean they'll do poorly or that they're cheating.


I don't know, man. I feel like every minute is precious during those htings. To each his own, though

X_Soda wrote:
AZN MegaPoaster wrote:
eandy wrote:If you think people are cheating because they go to the bathroom multiple times, you are way too paranoid.

1. Caffeine makes you have to go more often
2. Adderall makes you super thirsty so that you end up having to go more often
3. Anxiety makes you have to go (fight or flight response is to dump everything in your body to make you run faster)

A large portion of your classmates probably have one of those three things or combination thereof happening.


i literally stop drinking water the night before the exam and i only drink 5 hour energy drinks and use energy strips the day of so i dont have to risk losing time to go to the bathroom. 6 exams this year and didnt question going to the bathroom once


You are going to die so soon.

As for the dweeb all paranoid about people getting up to check stuff: Jesus.


He he. 6 days out of hte year won't do anything. I'm a rather healthy person outside of exam time.

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am

Okay fine I lied about the kid looking stuff up on his phone. Dude actually had an outline stashed in the bathroom.

jd7241
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby jd7241 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

Me too that guy was actually me ;) I have a special VIP area I access through one of the panels in the ceiling.

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Finals Grievances

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 15, 2012 12:53 pm

jd7241 wrote:Me too that guy was actually me ;) I have a special VIP area I access through one of the panels in the ceiling.
I will find you dammit!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest