conflict of interest form

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bissey

conflict of interest form

Postby bissey » Mon May 14, 2012 5:06 pm

The firm I'll be working for wants me to fill out a conflict of interest form with all cases I have worked on for the past 7 years. What happens if I cannot recall? I didn't take detailed notes in my past 2 internships (including 1 with a judge- lots of cases) with this in mind- idk if I'm an idiot (very possible) or if other people have also had this issue. Advice/comments welcome.

blurbz

Re: conflict of interest form

Postby blurbz » Mon May 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Had this problem, too. Due to confidentiality, I had none of my notes for most cases I worked on. I summarized as best I could with vague generalities and explained the situation to the firm.

The firm ultimately had their conflicts person contact my old employer to get a list of matters I handled released to them for conflicts purposes. I felt badly that it took that extra step, but I got the feeling that it is not particularly uncommon.

bissey

Postby bissey » Mon May 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Hmm ok. I worked at a medium sized firm last summer and I have doubts that they have records of the all the cases I worked on because it was mostly research that I presented to partners (that I saved as Word docs on my work computer). I can only hope, I suppose.

Ugh why wasn't this mentioned during orientation instead of the crap they do tell us?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Hmm, that is weird. My firm sent out CoI forms and etc. in February to ensure we'd have no problems when it came time to start the summer!

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Too many moving avatars on this page

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”