TLS Support Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
northwood

Re: TLS Support Thread

Postby northwood » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:49 am

its pretty common to detest the law school experience. its just a necessary part of becoming a lawyer

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:12 am

For those that need a reminder... remember someone out there loves you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqdWTeXWvOg

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Last edited by BlueLotus on Thu May 15, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orangecup

Postby orangecup » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:18 pm

How do you guys cope? I've dealt with depression, low self-esteem, and anxiety for a long time, but it's been particularly bad for me the past couple months. I finally saw a therapist (and will be prescribed anti-depressants soon) but I haven't been able to go to another therapy session since I've been away for winter break. I wish I could sleep all day, but just my luck, I haven't been able to sleep much at all the past couple weeks.

guano

Postby guano » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:34 pm

orangecup wrote:How do you guys cope? I've dealt with depression, low self-esteem, and anxiety for a long time, but it's been particularly bad for me the past couple months. I finally saw a therapist (and will be prescribed anti-depressants soon) but I haven't been able to go to another therapy session since I've been away for winter break. I wish I could sleep all day, but just my luck, I haven't been able to sleep much at all the past couple weeks.

Play mind numbing computer games

doctoroflaw91

Postby doctoroflaw91 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:35 am

Throwing my hat in the ring:

1L student here, who suffered with an eating disorder, anxiety, panic attacks, and depression in high school, had a relapse in college, dealt with the return of massive panic attacks at the beginning of fall semester.

I've been fortunate to make it through with family support and a variety of strategies for stress relief (yoga, visualization, deep breathing, support from family and friends, etc.).

I also did counseling through my school, which was extremely helpful. I am happy to answer questions about any of the above.

Lots of love to all of you. Seriously. I've always hated the phrase "misery loves company" because I think people that suffer from anxiety and depression have a huge propensity to offer support to one another that is perhaps far more effective than someone who doesn't quite understand what it's like to be in your brain. Reach out, reach out often, and stay strong.

Candy Wrappers

Postby Candy Wrappers » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:45 am

been dealing with depression for years now. still battling it everyday. some days are better than the others. recently at a really low point. wondering how everyone's doing? are people still using this thread?

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:47 am

Candy Wrappers wrote:been dealing with depression for years now. still battling it everyday. some days are better than the others. recently at a really low point. wondering how everyone's doing? are people still using this thread?

I'm here. Feel free to PM. Law school, especially finals time, are ripe for cyclical depression. A lot of stress, dark rooms, lack of physical activity, and isolation from friends/family tend to make life a little darker. Not much that I can say other than that they can't stop the clock. You will be having a blast in the summer soon enough.

Candy Wrappers

Postby Candy Wrappers » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:51 am

SemperLegal wrote:
Candy Wrappers wrote:been dealing with depression for years now. still battling it everyday. some days are better than the others. recently at a really low point. wondering how everyone's doing? are people still using this thread?

I'm here. Feel free to PM. Law school, especially finals time, are ripe for cyclical depression. A lot of stress, dark rooms, lack of physical activity, and isolation from friends/family tend to make life a little darker. Not much that I can say other than that they can't stop the clock. You will be having a blast in the summer soon enough.

hey thanks for the msg. i hope finals are going well for you. im still a 0L but will start LS this fall. wondering how the whole LS life + depression will turn out.

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 am

Candy Wrappers wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:

hey thanks for the msg. i hope finals are going well for you. im still a 0L but will start LS this fall. wondering how the whole LS life + depression will turn out.

PMed you, feel free to ignore it if you don't want to talk

Candy Wrappers

Postby Candy Wrappers » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 am

SemperLegal wrote:
Candy Wrappers wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:

PMed you, feel free to ignore it if you don't want to talk

PMed back. :D

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:32 am

Anyone else feeling a great deal of anxiety from C&F issues? :|

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”