Bluebook Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
DwightSchruteFarms
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

Bluebook Question

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Fri May 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to cite a movie/documentary in Bluebook form?

The movie is "Inside Job" (the one about the 2008 financial crisis) and nowhere in Bluebook does it say (at least to my knowledge) how to cite it.

Thanks

DwightSchruteFarms
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Fri May 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Actually, just found it (funny how that works). For anyone who wanted to know the answer: Pg. 174 (18.6)

User avatar
Judge Philip Banks
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Fri May 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Write-on competition I presume? Does your post violate the rules/honor code...?

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby TTTLS » Fri May 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:Write-on competition I presume? Does your post violate the rules/honor code...?

Meh.

User avatar
Judge Philip Banks
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 pm

TTTLS wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:Write-on competition I presume? Does your post violate the rules/honor code...?

Meh.

I just remember that recent thread where someone got into some shit for doing something similar for a final. This isn't on that level, but still... I'd be slightly paranoid and try avoid a similar situation.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby goodolgil » Sat May 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
TTTLS wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:Write-on competition I presume? Does your post violate the rules/honor code...?

Meh.

I just remember that recent thread where someone got into some shit for doing something similar for a final. This isn't on that level, but still... I'd be slightly paranoid and try avoid a similar situation.


A lot of us had papers due after finals also.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby bceagles182 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Rule 18.6


edit. Nvm, I saw that you found it. Ps. Whenever you have questions like this, look in the index. It's in there 90% of the time.

DwightSchruteFarms
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Bluebook Question

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Sat May 12, 2012 7:55 pm

It was for a paper. Def wouldn't post this if it was for LR or something similar




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jroman2, pancakes3, rockosmodernlife, UVA2B, wg6524, woopig2017 and 11 guests