1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby piccolittle » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:16 pm

So, once the Registrar gives you a grade or an honors designation, can they take it back if it's a mistake? Please say no.

User avatar
ben2587
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ben2587 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 pm

If its a mistake, they probably can take it back. I assume if the mistake was not in your favor you would expect them to be able to "take it back."

User avatar
pseudonymous1
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby pseudonymous1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:05 pm

just never look at your transcript again and roll with it forever.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Officially got a Cali :D

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby piccolittle » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:09 pm

ilovesf wrote:Officially got a Cali :D

Congrats!!!

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ph14 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:33 pm

piccolittle wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Officially got a Cali :D

Congrats!!!

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby gdane » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 pm

ilovesf wrote:Officially got a Cali :D

There's still hope!

Congratulations! What subject?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:31 pm

gdane wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Officially got a Cali :D

There's still hope!

Congratulations! What subject?

Thanks guys! It's in Ks. I was worried I wouldn't get it because I saw he gave out 2 A+s, but then we both got a Cali. I noticed that a couple classes gave out 2 this year, so that's cool with me!

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Lasers » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 am

ilovesf wrote:
gdane wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Officially got a Cali :D

There's still hope!

Congratulations! What subject?

Thanks guys! It's in Ks. I was worried I wouldn't get it because I saw he gave out 2 A+s, but then we both got a Cali. I noticed that a couple classes gave out 2 this year, so that's cool with me!

congrats!

did you get the e-mail from records? it says if your class was bigger than 10 we'd also get a witkins? what's the difference between cali and witkins and how is it that we get both?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 am

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
gdane wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Officially got a Cali :D

There's still hope!

Congratulations! What subject?

Thanks guys! It's in Ks. I was worried I wouldn't get it because I saw he gave out 2 A+s, but then we both got a Cali. I noticed that a couple classes gave out 2 this year, so that's cool with me!

congrats!

did you get the e-mail from records? it says if your class was bigger than 10 we'd also get a witkins? what's the difference between cali and witkins and how is it that we get both?

you too! :D I got that e-mail too but I have no idea what the difference is, if any. On some firm sites I see that they list witkins instead of cali's, and on some sites they list calis and not witkins. They're just from different companies, and witkins can only be given to classes of 10 and more whereas cali's are for small seminars, too.

HOPEFORCHANGE
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

What are Calis and Witkins? Are these grades or something?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:11 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:What are Calis and Witkins? Are these grades or something?

Highest grade in the class award

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby kapital98 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

ilovesf wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:What are Calis and Witkins? Are these grades or something?

Highest grade in the class award


aka, "official" gunner status :wink:

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:23 pm

kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:What are Calis and Witkins? Are these grades or something?

Highest grade in the class award


aka, "official" gunner status :wink:

Lol you saw how little I paid attention in class

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby kapital98 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am

ilovesf wrote:
kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:What are Calis and Witkins? Are these grades or something?

Highest grade in the class award


aka, "official" gunner status :wink:

Lol you saw how little I paid attention in class


Yeah, you were the opposite of a gunner. I'm just poking you in the ribs.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:46 am

kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Highest grade in the class award


aka, "official" gunner status :wink:

Lol you saw how little I paid attention in class


Yeah, you were the opposite of a gunner. I'm just poking you in the ribs.

:P :P

jurisx
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jurisx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:41 pm

I love how we all have our grades from last term long ago, and this thread still lives on.......proof of only relevant discussions on this forum........ :roll:

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby northwood » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:53 pm

jurisx wrote:I love how we all have our grades from last term long ago, and this thread still lives on.......proof of only relevant discussions on this forum........ :roll:


Now what to do about fall 2l.... Keep it going and have a law school grade waiting thread for our class as a whole?

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby tedalbany » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 pm

northwood wrote:
jurisx wrote:I love how we all have our grades from last term long ago, and this thread still lives on.......proof of only relevant discussions on this forum........ :roll:


Now what to do about fall 2l.... Keep it going and have a law school grade waiting thread for our class as a whole?


no one cares about 2L grades

jurisx
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jurisx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:25 pm

tedalbany wrote:
northwood wrote:
jurisx wrote:I love how we all have our grades from last term long ago, and this thread still lives on.......proof of only relevant discussions on this forum........ :roll:


Now what to do about fall 2l.... Keep it going and have a law school grade waiting thread for our class as a whole?


no one cares about 2L grades


Only those who want to be 3Ls someday.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:26 pm

jurisx wrote:
tedalbany wrote:
northwood wrote:
jurisx wrote:I love how we all have our grades from last term long ago, and this thread still lives on.......proof of only relevant discussions on this forum........ :roll:


Now what to do about fall 2l.... Keep it going and have a law school grade waiting thread for our class as a whole?


no one cares about 2L grades


Only those who want to be 3Ls someday.

Lol you need to get like a 2.0 to get kicked out of school.

jurisx
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jurisx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Keep Aiming High there Junior.

No need for Honors at graduation, class standing, decent GPA, Law Review, (etc)
Yeah, life is all oysters for the 2.0 law student. (food poisoning from raw shellfish and if you are lucky choke on a pearl)

Caveat: Yeah, most 1L's won't flunk 2L (some will though but true not most)
But the grades still matter if you want to do anything other than be the guy who makes photo copies for $10 an hour.

ajaxconstructions
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ajaxconstructions » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:43 am

jurisx wrote:Keep Aiming High there Junior.

No need for Honors at graduation, class standing, decent GPA, Law Review, (etc)
Yeah, life is all oysters for the 2.0 law student. (food poisoning from raw shellfish and if you are lucky choke on a pearl)

Caveat: Yeah, most 1L's won't flunk 2L (some will though but true not most)
But the grades still matter if you want to do anything other than be the guy who makes photo copies for $10 an hour.


No, that's determined during 2L OCI.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:24 am

jurisx wrote:Keep Aiming High there Junior.

No need for Honors at graduation, class standing, decent GPA, Law Review, (etc)
Yeah, life is all oysters for the 2.0 law student. (food poisoning from raw shellfish and if you are lucky choke on a pearl)

Caveat: Yeah, most 1L's won't flunk 2L (some will though but true not most)
But the grades still matter if you want to do anything other than be the guy who makes photo copies for $10 an hour.


oh shit this changes everything

jurisx
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jurisx » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
jurisx wrote:Keep Aiming High there Junior.

No need for Honors at graduation, class standing, decent GPA, Law Review, (etc)
Yeah, life is all oysters for the 2.0 law student. (food poisoning from raw shellfish and if you are lucky choke on a pearl)

Caveat: Yeah, most 1L's won't flunk 2L (some will though but true not most)
But the grades still matter if you want to do anything other than be the guy who makes photo copies for $10 an hour.


oh shit this changes everything


With that many posts in one year, my best advise would be just to logoff during class. Does wonders.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests