1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11746
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Mon May 14, 2012 12:55 am

kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
northwood wrote:is anyone not a fan of 24 hour take home exams?

I hate them.


Checking in. :D

And, I love take home exams. It allows a much more thorough and analytic response to the question. Asinine study tactics, like rote memorization, are useless for take home exams. They really focus on what's important.

That's what I hate about it.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby rad lulz » Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 am

Protip: wait until all your grades come in before checking.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13291
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby JenDarby » Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 am

rad lulz wrote:Protip: wait until all your grades come in before checking.

If I had a modicum of self control this would be lovely advice.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby lifestooquick » Mon May 14, 2012 2:13 am

JenDarby wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Protip: wait until all your grades come in before checking.

If I had a modicum of self control this would be lovely advice.

+1

Last semester, they held all our grades until they were all in. This semester, they are releasing them as they come in. I don't think I like this change :/

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby rad lulz » Mon May 14, 2012 2:32 am

JenDarby wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Protip: wait until all your grades come in before checking.

If I had a modicum of self control this would be lovely advice.

Send me $20. I will send it back to you if you wait to see your grades.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12525
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jessuf » Mon May 14, 2012 2:49 am

rad lulz wrote:Send me $20. I will send it back to you if you wait to see your grades.


That is a good business idea. I could make so much money. Maybe I should scrap the walk of shame prius shuttle service I stole from the Michigan girl.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby rad lulz » Mon May 14, 2012 3:00 am

Jessuf wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Send me $20. I will send it back to you if you wait to see your grades.


That is a good business idea. I could make so much money. Maybe I should scrap the walk of shame prius shuttle service I stole from the Michigan girl.

They already have that. It's called yellow cab

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12525
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jessuf » Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 am

rad lulz wrote:
Jessuf wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Send me $20. I will send it back to you if you wait to see your grades.


That is a good business idea. I could make so much money. Maybe I should scrap the walk of shame prius shuttle service I stole from the Michigan girl.

They already have that. It's called yellow cab


I was trying to take a less creepy approach. Those cab drivers are horrible. The last time I took a cab, the driver said he would give me a free ride if I made out with my friend while he took a pic with his cellphone. We ended up bolting and not paying when we got to our destination.

thesteelers
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:06 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby thesteelers » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Expecting median and below in everything. It's unreal how many issues I missed on my exams this semester. Unreal. Drinking is just making me more bitter about it, and I don't want to discuss it with my study group because they keep talking about issues that I missed.

I won't be surprised by my bad grades though. I spent most of this semester being depressed, hating law school and mixing the self-loathing up with more drinking. It's also a huge knock at self-esteem for someone who got As all through college.

Dimly amused when I remember how eager, excited, and motivated I was last semester. Lol. If only I knew.

[/emo]

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby HeavenWood » Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Give me one excellent grade and I will happily accept three mediocre grades.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby akili » Mon May 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Jesus, our first grade is up. Impressed with how fast our prof graded. Also, too scared to look (it was my favorite class)

ETA: Really happy. (mostly because I loved the professor and want to keep in touch and would probably be too embarrassed if I had done poorly)
Last edited by akili on Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby piccolittle » Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

akili wrote:Jesus, our first grade is up. Impressed with how fast our prof graded. Also, too scared to look (it was my favorite class)

ETA: Really happy. (mostly because I loved the professor and want to keep in touch and would probably be too embarrassed if I had done poorly)

Yay, congrats!
Last edited by piccolittle on Mon May 14, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby lawyerwannabe » Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm

HeavenWood wrote:Give me one excellent grade and I will happily accept three mediocre grades.


THIS!

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby kapital98 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:58 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:Give me one excellent grade and I will happily accept three mediocre grades.


THIS!

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby northwood » Mon May 14, 2012 10:05 pm

took a nap- awoke suddenly when i started to realize that i was dreaming that my con law grade came out-and the grade was an emoicon of my professor saying hahaha you really wasted my time for this- your grade is R as in Retake


literally jumped off the couch ina cold sweat.... damn you con law

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby alicrimson » Mon May 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Gah! I had forgotten all about exams and then visited TLS. The anxiety/fear continues. lol. Atleast 1L is over though. :D

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby adonai » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

northwood wrote:took a nap- awoke suddenly when i started to realize that i was dreaming that my con law grade came out-and the grade was an emoicon of my professor saying hahaha you really wasted my time for this- your grade is R as in Retake


literally jumped off the couch ina cold sweat.... damn you con law

Kinda reminds me of the dream I had a few days ago with my LRW professor giving me a C and telling me to drop out.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby HeavenWood » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm

adonai wrote:
northwood wrote:took a nap- awoke suddenly when i started to realize that i was dreaming that my con law grade came out-and the grade was an emoicon of my professor saying hahaha you really wasted my time for this- your grade is R as in Retake


literally jumped off the couch ina cold sweat.... damn you con law

Kinda reminds me of the dream I had a few days ago with my LRW professor giving me a C and telling me to drop out.

Would he really dare risk inciting the wrath of the vengeful Jewish God?

jd7241
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jd7241 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:08 am

My LW instructor accused me of plagiarism but did not give my final grade, can't wait to see how that goes. He told me my previous assignments did not suggest that I was capable of the work presented in the final assignment. I was then asked to talk about sources I used to write the paper, which I couldn't remember and then was asked to pick out sections of my paper compared to other students which I barely was able to do after 10 minutes of looking them all over. He jotted some notes then told me I could go. Not sure what to make of it, still in shock. Never been in this kind of situation before. And yes I 100% legit wrote the paper. So I guess I have nothing to worry about, try waiting that shit out. I stopped by the liquor store about it.

So You're imaginary C is looking good to me!

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12525
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jessuf » Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 am

jd7241 wrote:My LW instructor accused me of plagiarism but did not give my final grade, can't wait to see how that goes. He told me my previous assignments did not suggest that I was capable of the work presented in the final assignment. I was then asked to talk about sources I used to write the paper, which I couldn't remember and then was asked to pick out sections of my paper compared to other students which I barely was able to do after 10 minutes of looking them all over. He jotted some notes then told me I could go. Not sure what to make of it, still in shock. Never been in this kind of situation before. And yes I 100% legit wrote the paper. So I guess I have nothing to worry about, try waiting that shit out. I stopped by the liquor store about it.

So You're imaginary C is looking good to me!


Oh that sucks. You didn't cite sources?

This is not the same, but at my school, we submit our briefs anonymously through Westlaw's Twen. Last year, somehow Westlaw mixed up submissions, so someone got a grade for someone else's paper (a failing grade). The LRW professor refused to believe Westlaw could somehow screw up, so it took the guy forever to get it sorted out, he therefore couldn't get on law review, he struck out at OCI and was told by employers if he had law review, they would have wanted him, and then finally, in October or something, they fixed his grade and recalculated his rank. Stuff like this scares me.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby BlueDiamond » Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 am

Jessuf wrote:
jd7241 wrote:My LW instructor accused me of plagiarism but did not give my final grade, can't wait to see how that goes. He told me my previous assignments did not suggest that I was capable of the work presented in the final assignment. I was then asked to talk about sources I used to write the paper, which I couldn't remember and then was asked to pick out sections of my paper compared to other students which I barely was able to do after 10 minutes of looking them all over. He jotted some notes then told me I could go. Not sure what to make of it, still in shock. Never been in this kind of situation before. And yes I 100% legit wrote the paper. So I guess I have nothing to worry about, try waiting that shit out. I stopped by the liquor store about it.

So You're imaginary C is looking good to me!


Oh that sucks. You didn't cite sources?

This is not the same, but at my school, we submit our briefs anonymously through Westlaw's Twen. Last year, somehow Westlaw mixed up submissions, so someone got a grade for someone else's paper (a failing grade). The LRW professor refused to believe Westlaw could somehow screw up, so it took the guy forever to get it sorted out, he therefore couldn't get on law review, he struck out at OCI and was told by employers if he had law review, they would have wanted him, and then finally, in October or something, they fixed his grade and recalculated his rank. Stuff like this scares me.


why not just put your exam number on the first or last page so that even if something like that happens its still anonymous and nobody gets screwed

jd7241
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jd7241 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:46 am

Jessuf wrote:
jd7241 wrote:My LW instructor accused me of plagiarism but did not give my final grade, can't wait to see how that goes. He told me my previous assignments did not suggest that I was capable of the work presented in the final assignment. I was then asked to talk about sources I used to write the paper, which I couldn't remember and then was asked to pick out sections of my paper compared to other students which I barely was able to do after 10 minutes of looking them all over. He jotted some notes then told me I could go. Not sure what to make of it, still in shock. Never been in this kind of situation before. And yes I 100% legit wrote the paper. So I guess I have nothing to worry about, try waiting that shit out. I stopped by the liquor store about it.

So You're imaginary C is looking good to me!


Oh that sucks. You didn't cite sources?

This is not the same, but at my school, we submit our briefs anonymously through Westlaw's Twen. Last year, somehow Westlaw mixed up submissions, so someone got a grade for someone else's paper (a failing grade). The LRW professor refused to believe Westlaw could somehow screw up, so it took the guy forever to get it sorted out, he therefore couldn't get on law review, he struck out at OCI and was told by employers if he had law review, they would have wanted him, and then finally, in October or something, they fixed his grade and recalculated his rank. Stuff like this scares me.


I think I was being accused of having someone else write it, he was not really clear about that part. So I guess that might not be plagiarism? It was a memo, cited sources. I was always at the median on his papers, did pretty well on the BS tests and aced any homework. I got an A on this paper, it was due a week before our first final. I got the impression some people slacked off on it in order to prepare for finals. I worked my ass off on it, which I hadn't done previously on the prior papers, instead of preparing for finals early like I feel like the majority of the class did. I was afraid of FAIL in that class, so simply I put in an effort. I got the impression the guy did not like me sort of early on during a required feedback meeting from one of our assignments.
Actually I just re-read it and honestly I think it sucks. It flows awful in my opinion but most of the allotted points came from the factual analysis, which I got full credit for. Its 9:40 something so I can still get Mcgriddle! Which I can chase with vodka/redbull. Then order my books for summer school that starts next week.........where is that damn vodka?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby northwood » Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

LRW B+

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 am

First grade back - Con law: A

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby luckyjd » Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:First grade back - Con law: A


Congrats! I'm envious because I need to get an A in con law




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: santoki and 5 guests