1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jurisx

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jurisx » Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:If I had to guess, we'll have grades in 2.5 weeks (all are released simultaneously so no compulsive checking).

That must be nice.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

jurisx wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:If I had to guess, we'll have grades in 2.5 weeks (all are released simultaneously so no compulsive checking).

That must be nice.

It is ok mine are this way too. Just a big freak out the day of.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Just got my first grade back - Con Law: A-

Still have Torts, Property, and LRWII to go, but considering that Con was the one I felt worst about (12 hour take home, writing pro and con supreme court opinions, limited to 1000 words each side), hopefully my trend continues!

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Thu May 24, 2012 10:45 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:Just got my first grade back - Con Law: A-

Still have Torts, Property, and LRWII to go, but considering that Con was the one I felt worst about (12 hour take home, writing pro and con supreme court opinions, limited to 1000 words each side), hopefully my trend continues!

Nice bro. Pulled an A in con law myself, but unfortunately that's the one I felt good about. I'd be surprised if I got anything above B+ on the rest of mine.

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Fri May 25, 2012 12:35 am

<3<3HEART<3LOVE my school right now. Grades came out, 15 days after our last final. Booyah.

Did the exact same as last semester. Classes even lined up directly:

Class I thought I was going to do the best in: Did well, but not my best.
Class I thought I was going to do the worst in: Did fine, not my best but not poorly either.
Class I just gave up trying to guess on: Kicked some butt.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 1:02 am

acw1213 wrote:Need to kill some time?

--LinkRemoved--

bump.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Fri May 25, 2012 1:11 am

got an A in con law

I typed 16,000 words so i better have gotten an A.

but I tanked the rest and will likely be in the top third now because of it. no biglaw for me.

time to drink.

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 am

dreakol wrote:I typed 16,000 words so i better have gotten an A.

Dayum, in how long of a time period?

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Fri May 25, 2012 1:13 am

JoeFish wrote:
dreakol wrote:I typed 16,000 words so i better have gotten an A.

Dayum, in how long of a time period?

3 and an half hours but we were allowed copy and paste so half of that was pre written.

probably should have mentioned that.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Nice bro. Pulled an A in con law myself, but unfortunately that's the one I felt good about. I'd be surprised if I got anything above B+ on the rest of mine.

Thanks, and congrats on the A!

My con law was a killer this semester - prof was a libertarian adjunct, and all we learned about was guns and health care. Guns good; health care bad.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 1:32 am

fundamentallybroken wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Thanks, and congrats on the A!

My con law was a killer this semester - prof was a libertarian adjunct, and all we learned about was guns and health care. Guns good; health care bad.

I love how it's always the hard work that is what earns an A but bad Profs that are the reason for anything else.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri May 25, 2012 1:35 am

jurisx wrote:I love how it's always the hard work that is what earns an A but bad Profs that are the reason for anything else.

Yes. I was totally blaming the professor for my A-. That son of a bitch, allowing me to keep my class rank.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 am

jurisx wrote:I love how it's always the hard work that is what earns an A but bad Profs that are the reason for anything else.

Yes. I was totally blaming the professor for my A-. That son of a bitch, allowing me to keep my class rank.

Sure sounded like it.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 am

jurisx wrote:

Sure sounded like it.

Then you misheard/misunderstood what I was saying.

A. Happy about my A-, especially since I expected a B (median is B)

B. Enjoyed my prof, but his slant on things was not what I expected from a 1L Con Law class.

No blame, no credit, either way.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 am

jurisx wrote:

Sure sounded like it.

Then you misheard/misunderstood what I was saying.

A. Happy about my A-, especially since I expected a B (median is B)

B. Enjoyed my prof, but his slant on things was not what I expected from a 1L Con Law class.

No blame, no credit, either way.

:roll:

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 am

DreamsInDigital wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:I guessed the order of my grades last semester and was completely wrong (my highest guessed grade was my lowest and my lowest guessed grade was my highest). So let's try it again this semester.

CrimLaw < ConLaw < Torts

I did the same thing, so I'll play along.

(Torts = CivPro) < ConLaw

Really goes to show how difficult it is to predict. Grades just came out for me. Ended up doing the exact same as I did last semester, but i was totally wrong on how I'd do in each class

ConLaw < Torts < CivPro

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:15 am

last semester=slacked off, killed it
this semester=worked harder, median

um

fuck this i'm going home

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Fri May 25, 2012 4:28 am

The longer I wait for the grades, the more the military seems appealing.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 am

jd20132013 wrote:last semester=slacked off, killed it
this semester=worked harder, median

um

fuck this i'm going home

This is what I'm afraid of. I spent the week before finals last semester in Jamaica, because I had a wedding to go to. I outlined the day before each exam and did well. If I do worse this semester after really trying, it will solidify my belief that it's best for me to do it live.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Fri May 25, 2012 9:05 am

TTTLS wrote:The longer I wait for the grades, the more the military seems appealing.

I remember after the LSAT and during the law school application cycle I told my mother and several close friends that if I didn't get in, I'd be hitting the police force/potential military.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 pm

alicrimson wrote:
TTTLS wrote:The longer I wait for the grades, the more the military seems appealing.

I remember after the LSAT and during the law school application cycle I told my mother and several close friends that if I didn't get in, I'd be hitting the police force/potential military.

why the one extreme to the other? If it is so appealing to you why not go NG or reserves?

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Fri May 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Just got an A in con law. Thinking the curve really worked in my favor this time because I BSed a good 75% of it. I know absolutely 0 con law. Here's to hoping the same thing happened with property because property was an insanely hard final too. Not as confident about torts because it was super easy.

The whole transferring thing has me feeling pretty numb about grades in general, though.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Dale wrote:Since 1st semester was all B+ and A- (hopefully no worse than median), this exam period was like living in drama-o-rama-land. LR way out of reach but not out of reach of the bottom percentage.

We had one 24-hour online exam, most every question had a dozen parts, so I am not expecting the prof to zip through with results anytime soon.

A 24 hour online exam.......... TaftU must be so proud. :)

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Jessuf wrote:Just got an A in con law. Thinking the curve really worked in my favor this time because I BSed a good 75% of it. I know absolutely 0 con law. Here's to hoping the same thing happened with property because property was an insanely hard final too. Not as confident about torts because it was super easy.

The whole transferring thing has me feeling pretty numb about grades in general, though.

why transfer if getting A's. The curve might be harder at the other school and the GPA won't transfer.

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:06 pm

My school is ridiculous. Took my first final four weeks ago. Not one grade is back yet. How damned lazy are these professors! Only two of them taught us anything in class. I would think the least they could do is gives our grades back in a timely manner. I now feel better after venting.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”