1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
r6_philly

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby r6_philly » Mon May 21, 2012 12:34 am

buckilaw wrote:been about a month since my first final...still waiting.

Same here. We have a deadline of one month after the last exam, so I guess I have at least two more weeks to wait.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon May 21, 2012 6:51 am

r6_philly wrote:

Same here. We have a deadline of one month after the last exam, so I guess I have at least two more weeks to wait.

Same boat and I am getting antsy. I'm transferring and want to send out my other apps, but I need my grades first to gauge if they're worth the app fee... It's driving me batty.

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 am

Lasers wrote:i am absolutely fucking stunned at my conlaw grade. i dropped my toothbrush when i saw it. i don't know how the fuck i got an a+...wtf. there's an error here that i hope never gets fixed.

I'm way behind on this but congrats! Welcome to the Cali club ;)

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon May 21, 2012 10:31 am

crossarmant wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Same boat and I am getting antsy. I'm transferring and want to send out my other apps, but I need my grades first to gauge if they're worth the app fee... It's driving me batty.

Yeah. Its making me crazy. My grades come out at the earliest in 9 days.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 am

HeavenWood wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
brose wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Send me $20. I will send it back to you if you wait to see your grades.

I will totally take you up on this. We can make it $50.

If you really want me to take you up on this, I can PM you the address of my summer place. Such a good Samaritan, me.

Don't do it. He'll immediately spend your money on cheap bourbon and dip.

Hush, you.

yogurt31

Postby yogurt31 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Ugh every time i check my grades it shows me first semesters grades, which were fine (and better than im expectig this semester). I know i should just stop checking until i know theyre out but i CANT i am physically incapable

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 pm

yogurt31 wrote:Ugh every time i check my grades it shows me first semesters grades, which were fine (and better than im expectig this semester). I know i should just stop checking until i know theyre out but i CANT i am physically incapable

You could always break your fingers.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Mon May 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Grades are in. I'm completely irrational and have no gauge for how I do exam-wise. GPA was the exact same: 3.81/4.0. A's in Civ Pro and Property, A- con law (my nemesis), and B+ in app ad (writing improvement.) Last semester I thought it was awful as well. My lesson? I have no idea what's happening, need to relax, and should under no circumstances discuss my feelings on tests with anyone until its said and done. And then, I'm still not crazy discussing grade stuff with classmates.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon May 21, 2012 6:06 pm

alicrimson wrote:Grades are in. I'm completely irrational and have no gauge for how I do exam-wise. GPA was the exact same: 3.81/4.0. A's in Civ Pro and Property, A- con law (my nemesis), and B+ in app ad (writing improvement.) Last semester I thought it was awful as well. My lesson? I have no idea what's happening, need to relax, and should under no circumstances discuss my feelings on tests with anyone until its said and done. And then, I'm still not crazy discussing grade stuff with classmates.

congrats on keeping up the GPA

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Mon May 21, 2012 6:31 pm

alicrimson wrote:Grades are in. I'm completely irrational and have no gauge for how I do exam-wise. GPA was the exact same: 3.81/4.0. A's in Civ Pro and Property, A- con law (my nemesis), and B+ in app ad (writing improvement.) Last semester I thought it was awful as well. My lesson? I have no idea what's happening, need to relax, and should under no circumstances discuss my feelings on tests with anyone until its said and done. And then, I'm still not crazy discussing grade stuff with classmates.

That's awesome man, congrats.

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Mon May 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Heard this is where the party's at. Surprised there aren't more UChi students in here flaunting their grades like last fall, making the wait for the rest of us all the more excruciating.

Anyone got any tips to ease the wait? I figure it's 3 weeks until I see any grades, minimum.

reasonable troll

Postby reasonable troll » Mon May 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Last semester they posted all of our grades at once. The slow trickle this semester is killinggggggg me, especially since I basically need A's in the two classes I'm waiting on, one of which is Tax, to keep my GPA from dropping. Lulz. Also, write-on is due tomorrow.
WAH WAHHHHH. *Opens beer*

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Cade McNown wrote:Heard this is where the party's at. Surprised there aren't more UChi students in here flaunting their grades like last fall, making the wait for the rest of us all the more excruciating.

Anyone got any tips to ease the wait? I figure it's 3 weeks until I see any grades, minimum.

Breh who cares, no one understands their grading.

Also enjoy alcohol.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Mon May 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Grades tab became available today on our registrar accounts. No grades posted yet...driving me crazy.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:28 am

Complete BS. Ended up getting my first grade today and it ends up being below median in a class I thought I actually did well in. Optimism is all gone, and so is the motivation to do the write on.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:39 am

The grade I'm most worried should be coming out soon. Terrified. Hoping for anything above a C at this point and hoping it won't negate the good grade I got in con law too badly.

akili

Postby akili » Tue May 22, 2012 12:43 am

I really thought we'd get more grades today. I'm cautiously optimistic after doing well in Property and I just need to not bomb the rest of my classes and I'll call this a win.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue May 22, 2012 12:46 am

akili wrote:I really thought we'd get more grades today. I'm cautiously optimistic after doing well in Property and I just need to not bomb the rest of my classes and I'll call this a win.

*property high five*

i'm surprised we don't have crim/conlaw yet. we'll have to wait for k's till the bitter end.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:51 am

I still don't get how people just get all good grades. Seems like I just don't get MC tests.

akili

Postby akili » Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 am

fatduck wrote:
akili wrote:I really thought we'd get more grades today. I'm cautiously optimistic after doing well in Property and I just need to not bomb the rest of my classes and I'll call this a win.

*property high five*

i'm surprised we don't have crim/conlaw yet. we'll have to wait for k's till the bitter end.

Emphasis on bitter. Because that was not my shining hour...

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue May 22, 2012 12:53 am

fatduck wrote:

*property high five*

You two were too moronic to take my advice and wait for all of them to come out at once, I see.

jurisx

Postby jurisx » Tue May 22, 2012 12:54 am

merc280 wrote:I still don't get how people just get all good grades. Seems like I just don't get MC tests.

Profs can give points for stuff on essays if written properly that would be a fail on a scantron. Those heartless souless machines!!!! :evil:

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 am

jurisx wrote:
merc280 wrote:I still don't get how people just get all good grades. Seems like I just don't get MC tests.

Profs can give points for stuff on essays if written properly that would be a fail on a scantron. Those heartless souless machines!!!! :evil:

You should check your scantron. Mis-bubbling or mechanical errors is usually the only grades that can be changed in law school.

akili

Postby akili » Tue May 22, 2012 12:58 am

rad lulz wrote:
fatduck wrote:

*property high five*

You two were too moronic to take my advice and wait for all of them to come out at once, I see.

I don't respond well to threats. (and/or I have no self-control)

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue May 22, 2012 1:03 am

akili wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
fatduck wrote:

*property high five*

I don't respond well to threats. (and/or I have no self-control)

Def the latter. Pearls before swine w you two

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”