1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11741
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby ilovesf » Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

aburishh wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
ilovesf wrote:UGH. Someone posted (a bit too enthusiastically for my taste) in our facebook group that our con law grades were posted. I was so excited not to worry about grades until June and be happy for a while. Well screw that. And my grade sucked. ugh.

That shit is so annoying. Just when you don't want to think about it, you find shit like that. I unfriended some chick in my section because she pulled that shit last semester.

Word to the wise TLSers--if grades are posted, keep it to yourself.


Why are law school students so sensitive? I personally hate having to wait for grades to be posted. And while I posted it on the class fb page, I didn't see any complaints under it, but then heard from friends that people had their panties in a bunch because I added an exclamation point to the end of my statement that the grades were up. Why is law school so much like high school?

it's not a big deal, people just don't want to see their grades, that's all. grades can make us all act like fools.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby piccolittle » Thu May 17, 2012 9:25 am

Registrar wrote:Dear, [piccolittle]!


This is to notify you that you now can view your grade for the following
course through the "Check Grades" service on Lawnet:

L6679 : FOUNDATION YEAR MOOT COURT

... 4 days after it was posted (it's a 0 credit CR/F course). Thanks for the heart attack, worthless Registrar.

Lyonsoccer87
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Lyonsoccer87 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 pm

tedalbany wrote:First grade is up... A in Civ Pro :mrgreen:

Ecstatic, this lessens the blow of my B in legal writing. Just 2 grades to go and I'm still sitting in the top 5%.



I always feel a deep connection to ppl who do shitty in Legal writing. It's such a burden to have to try and ace all your other classes because you know the inevitable B- is coming in legal writing.

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby LSATNightmares » Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Wow, it seems like LWR is tough at other schools. At my school, they have an A- curve, but we only get 1.5 credits.

Lyonsoccer87
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Lyonsoccer87 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:41 pm

idk if LRW is tough or not... maybe i just can't write (i'd rather blame the teacher though) or maybe all my class mates did their memos in rhyming couplets.

heeloftar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby heeloftar » Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:Wow, it seems like LWR is tough at other schools. At my school, they have an A- curve, but we only get 1.5 credits.


It's curved to a B- at my school, and maybe 1 person a year gets an A (everyone else gets A- and below)

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby 3|ink » Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

It's curved at a B+ at my school. It's a real time killer.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby northwood » Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 pm

my school curves LRW to a B

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12493
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby jessuf » Thu May 17, 2012 4:05 pm

TTTLS wrote:
Jessuf wrote:People from other sections have their grades back and keep FB posting about it, which drives me to constantly refresh the grades page even while I'm in France. Still nada. Most frustrating part of law school after the gunners.
Why are you in France?


For super cool vacations!!

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby TTTLS » Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Jessuf wrote:
TTTLS wrote:
Jessuf wrote:People from other sections have their grades back and keep FB posting about it, which drives me to constantly refresh the grades page even while I'm in France. Still nada. Most frustrating part of law school after the gunners.
Why are you in France?


For super cool vacations!!

You are a law student. You are not allowed to have fun. ಠ_ಠ

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Lawst » Thu May 17, 2012 9:29 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.


I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby tedalbany » Thu May 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Lawst wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.


I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.


+10000000000000000000000000000000000

LRW is the devil. And oddly enough, everyone I've spoken to at my school who did well/is doing well in LRW did relatively mediocre in the substantive classes. It's just a bizarre and crappy class that shouldn't be graded on the curve.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby 3|ink » Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Lawst wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.


I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.

It is blind graded at my school and I still hate it.

SKlei
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby SKlei » Thu May 17, 2012 10:54 pm

have people just filled out any answer on multiple choice problems when running out of time? I had my Civ Pro II final today, and I literally just filled in random answers when time was running out. I also really messed up on the essay portion of the exam. I'm really nervous that I am going to fail the class, do professors really fail people or just give them a C-/D?

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby kapital98 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 pm

tedalbany wrote:
Lawst wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.


I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.


+10000000000000000000000000000000000

LRW is the devil. And oddly enough, everyone I've spoken to at my school who did well/is doing well in LRW did relatively mediocre in the substantive classes. It's just a bizarre and crappy class that shouldn't be graded on the curve.


I can't stand the LRW zealots. At my school it's graded but doesn't count towards GPA. Aka, worthless. Yet I know plenty of people who think it's their "most important" grade. :roll:

I'm glad it was only a semester at my school.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby northwood » Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 pm

SKlei wrote:have people just filled out any answer on multiple choice problems when running out of time? I had my Civ Pro II final today, and I literally just filled in random answers when time was running out. I also really messed up on the essay portion of the exam. I'm really nervous that I am going to fail the class, do professors really fail people or just give them a C-/D?



Depends on the professor.. My civ pro prof fails people, and curves to a C ( rest of school is a B). Each MC had answer choices with a combination of answer choices ( like 1- responses A and B, 2. responses ABD, but not C)...

when i saw those, i just blindly guessed--- was stoked to get a C+ on that sucker

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby BrightLine » Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 am

A "high pass" in legal writing means? Anyway to sell an employer that this means something?

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby piccolittle » Fri May 18, 2012 1:01 am

BrightLine wrote:A "high pass" in legal writing means? Anyway to sell an employer that this means something?

Hey, it means you're good at the thing firms care about when you're practicing. Congrats btw, I'm actually jealous.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Lawst » Fri May 18, 2012 5:40 am

northwood wrote:
SKlei wrote:have people just filled out any answer on multiple choice problems when running out of time? I had my Civ Pro II final today, and I literally just filled in random answers when time was running out. I also really messed up on the essay portion of the exam. I'm really nervous that I am going to fail the class, do professors really fail people or just give them a C-/D?



Depends on the professor.. My civ pro prof fails people, and curves to a C ( rest of school is a B). Each MC had answer choices with a combination of answer choices ( like 1- responses A and B, 2. responses ABD, but not C)...

when i saw those, i just blindly guessed--- was stoked to get a C+ on that sucker


Whoa, your professor is seriously a dick - s/he has to know the effect that has on your GPA, especially if other 1L sections have a B curve for Civ Pro. Also, I'm surprised the school allows teachers to change the curve for a 1L class.

partyrock
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby partyrock » Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm

woo finally done! now i get to relax by working on the law review submission...boo.

User avatar
Shammis
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Shammis » Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Done and grades start coming in on Monday. Time to forget the weekend :)

Benchslapme
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Benchslapme » Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Got my first grade in Property: A-
I am pleasantry surprised as I did not finish the exam, though I knew the material well.

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby lawyerwannabe » Fri May 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Grades back already? Wow. Ours get released all at the same time probably during the first or second week of June. Then we find out about journal selection a little over a month later.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 pm

kapital98 wrote:
tedalbany wrote:
Lawst wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.


I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.


+10000000000000000000000000000000000

LRW is the devil. And oddly enough, everyone I've spoken to at my school who did well/is doing well in LRW did relatively mediocre in the substantive classes. It's just a bizarre and crappy class that shouldn't be graded on the curve.


I can't stand the LRW zealots. At my school it's graded but doesn't count towards GPA. Aka, worthless. Yet I know plenty of people who think it's their "most important" grade. :roll:

I'm glad it was only a semester at my school.


To be fair, the only reason I want it to be graded is that it would have brought my GPA up.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests