1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lasers

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Postby Lasers » Wed May 16, 2012 4:00 pm

i am absolutely fucking stunned at my conlaw grade. i dropped my toothbrush when i saw it. i don't know how the fuck i got an a+...wtf. there's an error here that i hope never gets fixed.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Lasers wrote:i am absolutely fucking stunned at my conlaw grade. i dropped my toothbrush when i saw it. i don't know how the fuck i got an a+...wtf. there's an error here that i hope never gets fixed.

good job dude, super jelly.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed May 16, 2012 4:02 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:i am absolutely fucking stunned at my conlaw grade. i dropped my toothbrush when i saw it. i don't know how the fuck i got an a+...wtf. there's an error here that i hope never gets fixed.

thanks! i'm sorry your conlaw grade didn't turn out the way you wanted but you probably did really well in the other classes!

i know i bombed contracts...really dreading seeing the rest of my grades.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

thanks! i'm sorry your conlaw grade didn't turn out the way you wanted but you probably did really well in the other classes!

i definitely thought conlaw was the hardest test, so i hope it's my lowest grade.. if the rest of my grades suck, then i really have to start thinking about what i'll do besides oci for getting a job. did you start the write on? i wrote about 3 sentences all day. ha. hopefully tomorrow i'll do better.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 pm

ilovesf wrote:UGH. Someone posted (a bit too enthusiastically for my taste) in our facebook group that our con law grades were posted. I was so excited not to worry about grades until June and be happy for a while. Well screw that. And my grade sucked. ugh.

I feel your pain.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 16, 2012 4:06 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
ilovesf wrote:UGH. Someone posted (a bit too enthusiastically for my taste) in our facebook group that our con law grades were posted. I was so excited not to worry about grades until June and be happy for a while. Well screw that. And my grade sucked. ugh.

That shit is so annoying. Just when you don't want to think about it, you find shit like that. I unfriended some chick in my section because she pulled that shit last semester.

Word to the wise TLSers--if grades are posted, keep it to yourself.

yeah, even if i defriended this dude it wouldn't matter since he posted it in our group, and we get updates every time someone writes in it. oh well. i wasn't going to check the website until June 4th, but I guess I had to find out about it sometime.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed May 16, 2012 4:11 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

i definitely thought conlaw was the hardest test, so i hope it's my lowest grade.. if the rest of my grades suck, then i really have to start thinking about what i'll do besides oci for getting a job. did you start the write on? i wrote about 3 sentences all day. ha. hopefully tomorrow i'll do better.

nope i haven't started on the write on; busy with summer work and stuff. i just started outlining generally a bit...i'll probably write some stuff today. i'm definitely lacking motivation on that front.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Lasers wrote:nope i haven't started on the write on; busy with summer work and stuff. i just started outlining generally a bit...i'll probably write some stuff today. i'm definitely lacking motivation on that front.

oh cool did you start your job already? what'd you decide on?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed May 16, 2012 4:17 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:nope i haven't started on the write on; busy with summer work and stuff. i just started outlining generally a bit...i'll probably write some stuff today. i'm definitely lacking motivation on that front.

started working with a ip start up. i'm still interviewing for small firms to split my summer. (haha...still looking for another part-time job in mid-may...sigh).

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

started working with a ip start up. i'm still interviewing for small firms to split my summer. (haha...still looking for another part-time job in mid-may...sigh).

sounds cool. my friend just got a paying job with a small firm last week so i know there's still some action out there even if its late.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed May 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Pressure is definitely off this time based on my lackluster performance last time. Congrats on that A plus by the way!!!

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Con Law was "meh." It was my weakest test and the only one I was seriously afraid of getting a bad grade in (these words will probably come back and haunt me...)

My entire semester relies on Criminal Law. 4 credits and no "A-" grades are given. The difference between a B+ and A is, oh, I'd say ~$100,000.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Never ask. Take the high grade and keep your mouth shut. :D

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed May 16, 2012 6:03 pm

For all y'all that have feelings about how you did after your exams, my grades were inversely correlated with how I felt.

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Wed May 16, 2012 6:07 pm

And, out of the blue, grades are back (they weren't suppoed to be here until next week). Much better than the fall, but still not what I was hoping. Still, it should at least land me in the top half.

Also, the exam I felt that I did the best on was my lowest grade - property. I suspect I bombed the multiple choice recording act questions. Hmmm.

delusional

Postby delusional » Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 pm

No hope of grades until mid-June, and they all come the same day. Last semester, I was wrong on my positive predictions and right on my negative ones. Here's hoping the unpredictability falls in my favor this time.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 pm

People from other sections have their grades back and keep FB posting about it, which drives me to constantly refresh the grades page even while I'm in France. Still nada. Most frustrating part of law school after the gunners.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Jessuf wrote:People from other sections have their grades back and keep FB posting about it, which drives me to constantly refresh the grades page even while I'm in France. Still nada. Most frustrating part of law school after the gunners.
Why are you in France?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 pm

I feel like a manic depressant. One second I am like f$%k i bombed I will drop out of the 10% and be screwed and the next second I am like I worked even harder this semester than last I should be ok.

I have to wait till June which is the worst part...

2transferornot

Postby 2transferornot » Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 pm

I feel i did better this semester than last semester, but I think most of my classmates feel the same way too. If I end up getting similar grades as last sem I will be elated, but I suspect that's not going to happen.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 pm

I felt decent after con law and did well, which surprised me slightly because I thought I did more around median range. Worried about civ pro the most. Worried about the mc part of property. Only exam I knew I did well on last semester I did well on. But also last semester the exam I was least sure about tied the one I thought I did well on. And another exam I thought I did decently on - worst grade in law school so far.

So yeah, super hard to predict. I've stopped trying.
Last edited by queenlizzie13 on Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

aburishh

Postby aburishh » Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:

That shit is so annoying. Just when you don't want to think about it, you find shit like that. I unfriended some chick in my section because she pulled that shit last semester.

Why are law school students so sensitive? I personally hate having to wait for grades to be posted. And while I posted it on the class fb page, I didn't see any complaints under it, but then heard from friends that people had their panties in a bunch because I added an exclamation point to the end of my statement that the grades were up. Why is law school so much like high school?

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Thu May 17, 2012 1:43 am

First grade is up... A in Civ Pro :mrgreen:

Ecstatic, this lessens the blow of my B in legal writing. Just 2 grades to go and I'm still sitting in the top 5%.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Thu May 17, 2012 1:56 am

aburishh wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Why are law school students so sensitive? I personally hate having to wait for grades to be posted. And while I posted it on the class fb page, I didn't see any complaints under it, but then heard from friends that people had their panties in a bunch because I added an exclamation point to the end of my statement that the grades were up. Why is law school so much like high school?

Other than wondering whose alt you are, I just don't see why something like that needs to be broadcasted. When you're trying to stop thinking about it during this hellish waiting period and when you've finally resolved to not check until all the grades are posted, seeing something like that crushes any willpower you had to not check. But whatever, I guess.

Also, congrats ted.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:30 am

Still don't have anything back. This thread is making me anxious. Deadline is in 2 weeks, though.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”