1L Spring Grades Waiting Room Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Post by r6_philly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:25 pm

So I am glad 1L is finally all over! I had much less time during the second semester because of work and family issues, yet I got better grades. Really glad all the adjustments I made worked! Looking forward to 2L/3L.

Congrats to all the 1Ls. Let's not repeat this again.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:So I am glad 1L is finally all over! I had much less time during the second semester because of work and family issues, yet I got better grades. Really glad all the adjustments I made worked! Looking forward to 2L/3L.

Amen. It's over and I would never want to do it again!

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:30 pm

I've never wanted a weekend to end so bad... hopefully next week is the week.

My prediction, just so I remember: Civ Pro> Ks/Conlaw>Crim>>>LRRW

jess

Post by jess » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Jessuf wrote:according to the gpa estimator, i will drop one spot in rankings, which is still top 1%. hoping so hard this will actually happen.
great job jess, that's awesome!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Jessuf wrote:according to the gpa estimator, i will drop one spot in rankings, which is still top 1%. hoping so hard this will actually happen.
My class is so small that there is only one spot fully in the top 1%.

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

jess

Post by jess » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Finally got our last substantive grade. Still waiting on LRW but I roughly know what I got. Super happy. Big jump this semester. Now I am debating whether to bid DC or bid LA where I have substantial ties.

Within top 20% based on threads I found last year, might even be top 15% but barely.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:56 am

!@#$%

B in Legal Writing.

Why did I go to a school where this was worth five credits?????

pballer

Bronze

Post by pballer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 am

Last grade in! 4.06 on the semester and 4.03 cumulative! Cya 1L :D

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 am

r6_philly wrote:So I am glad 1L is finally all over! I had much less time during the second semester because of work and family issues, yet I got better grades. Really glad all the adjustments I made worked! Looking forward to 2L/3L.

Congrats fella! I bet your family is super proud.

All those nights at the school till 11:30 and countless Wawa hoagies for dinner...ugh, I want no part of it ever again.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 am

PennBull wrote:

All those nights at the school till 11:30 and countless Wawa hoagies for dinner...ugh, I want no part of it ever again.

I only ate turkey sandwiches for a month...finals and diet do not go together.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 am

jarofsoup wrote:
PennBull wrote:

I only ate turkey sandwiches for a month...finals and diet do not go together.
My diet was mostly coffee, energy drinks, subway sandwiches, and muffins. I hate myself.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 am

Professors, you are literally a week past the deadline. This is getting crazy.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Tanicius wrote:Professors, you are literally a week past the deadline. This is getting crazy.
Our profs blew the "deadline" as well. I think more schools should do the public shaming thing.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Man, the legal employment part of the sit is really intimidating. I have no idea where to start on it. OCI is right around the corner and I'm paralyzed with fear :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:06 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Man, the legal employment part of the sit is really intimidating. I have no idea where to start on it. OCI is right around the corner and I'm paralyzed with fear :?
What are you intimidated about? I'd start by figuring out your bid list and market(s), and then start thinking about whether you want to do transactional, litigation, tax, trust, estate planning, etc. Work on updating resume, set up a mock interview or a few, and other preparations for OCI. You don't need to have everything figured out just yet.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 pm

ph14 wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:Man, the legal employment part of the sit is really intimidating. I have no idea where to start on it. OCI is right around the corner and I'm paralyzed with fear :?
What are you intimidated about? I'd start by figuring out your bid list and market(s), and then start thinking about whether you want to do transactional, litigation, tax, trust, estate planning, etc. Work on updating resume, set up a mock interview or a few, and other preparations for OCI. You don't need to have everything figured out just yet.
Sounds right. How big is a bid list supposed to be? Is there a limit?

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Con law posted. I refuse to look but am currently torturing myself with visions of the C I earned by not doing the last of three essay questions. Ugh ugh ugh I hate life, and all you high achievers.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm

The legal employment section of this website is also almost entirely worthless. Talk to your 2L and 3L friends for OCI advice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
The legal employment section of this website is also almost entirely worthless. Talk to your 2L and 3L friends for OCI advice.
What if you don't have any friends?

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Ive never worked so hard for mediocrity. At this point you realize - law school is a gamble and a joke lol. An expensive ass joke.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Not sure if it depends on your school. My school's OCS says to bid 25-35 firms I believe. So probably similar for yours.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:54 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Each school has their own limit. We are allowed 35 bids and we are encouraged to use them all. I also find OCI totally overwhelming and kinda scary :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”