1L Spring Grades Waiting Room Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Diamond

Re: 1L Spring Grades Waiting Room

Post by ilovesf » Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

aburishh wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
ilovesf wrote:UGH. Someone posted (a bit too enthusiastically for my taste) in our facebook group that our con law grades were posted. I was so excited not to worry about grades until June and be happy for a while. Well screw that. And my grade sucked. ugh.
That shit is so annoying. Just when you don't want to think about it, you find shit like that. I unfriended some chick in my section because she pulled that shit last semester.

Word to the wise TLSers--if grades are posted, keep it to yourself.
Why are law school students so sensitive? I personally hate having to wait for grades to be posted. And while I posted it on the class fb page, I didn't see any complaints under it, but then heard from friends that people had their panties in a bunch because I added an exclamation point to the end of my statement that the grades were up. Why is law school so much like high school?
it's not a big deal, people just don't want to see their grades, that's all. grades can make us all act like fools.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Thu May 17, 2012 9:25 am

Registrar wrote: Dear, [piccolittle]!

This is to notify you that you now can view your grade for the following
course through the "Check Grades" service on Lawnet:

L6679 : FOUNDATION YEAR MOOT COURT
... 4 days after it was posted (it's a 0 credit CR/F course). Thanks for the heart attack, worthless Registrar.

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 pm

tedalbany wrote:First grade is up... A in Civ Pro :mrgreen:

Ecstatic, this lessens the blow of my B in legal writing. Just 2 grades to go and I'm still sitting in the top 5%.

I always feel a deep connection to ppl who do shitty in Legal writing. It's such a burden to have to try and ace all your other classes because you know the inevitable B- is coming in legal writing.

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Wow, it seems like LWR is tough at other schools. At my school, they have an A- curve, but we only get 1.5 credits.

Lyonsoccer87

Bronze

Post by Lyonsoccer87 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:41 pm

idk if LRW is tough or not... maybe i just can't write (i'd rather blame the teacher though) or maybe all my class mates did their memos in rhyming couplets.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heeloftar

New

Post by heeloftar » Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:Wow, it seems like LWR is tough at other schools. At my school, they have an A- curve, but we only get 1.5 credits.
It's curved to a B- at my school, and maybe 1 person a year gets an A (everyone else gets A- and below)

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

It's curved at a B+ at my school. It's a real time killer.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 pm

my school curves LRW to a B

jess

Post by jess » Thu May 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Jessuf wrote:
TTTLS wrote:
Jessuf wrote:People from other sections have their grades back and keep FB posting about it, which drives me to constantly refresh the grades page even while I'm in France. Still nada. Most frustrating part of law school after the gunners.
Why are you in France?
For super cool vacations!!
You are a law student. You are not allowed to have fun. ಠ_ಠ

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Thu May 17, 2012 9:29 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.
I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Thu May 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Lawst wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just got my "grade" back in Legal Practice (Mich's name for LRW). I passed. A year of work for a just "pass" is kinda depressing.
I would so prefer P/F for LRW. Graded/curved LRW is evil, especially since it's not blind-graded.
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

LRW is the devil. And oddly enough, everyone I've spoken to at my school who did well/is doing well in LRW did relatively mediocre in the substantive classes. It's just a bizarre and crappy class that shouldn't be graded on the curve.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Lawst wrote:
It is blind graded at my school and I still hate it.

SKlei

New

Post by SKlei » Thu May 17, 2012 10:54 pm

have people just filled out any answer on multiple choice problems when running out of time? I had my Civ Pro II final today, and I literally just filled in random answers when time was running out. I also really messed up on the essay portion of the exam. I'm really nervous that I am going to fail the class, do professors really fail people or just give them a C-/D?

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 pm

tedalbany wrote:
Lawst wrote:

LRW is the devil. And oddly enough, everyone I've spoken to at my school who did well/is doing well in LRW did relatively mediocre in the substantive classes. It's just a bizarre and crappy class that shouldn't be graded on the curve.
I can't stand the LRW zealots. At my school it's graded but doesn't count towards GPA. Aka, worthless. Yet I know plenty of people who think it's their "most important" grade. :roll:

I'm glad it was only a semester at my school.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 pm

SKlei wrote:have people just filled out any answer on multiple choice problems when running out of time? I had my Civ Pro II final today, and I literally just filled in random answers when time was running out. I also really messed up on the essay portion of the exam. I'm really nervous that I am going to fail the class, do professors really fail people or just give them a C-/D?

Depends on the professor.. My civ pro prof fails people, and curves to a C ( rest of school is a B). Each MC had answer choices with a combination of answer choices ( like 1- responses A and B, 2. responses ABD, but not C)...

when i saw those, i just blindly guessed--- was stoked to get a C+ on that sucker

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BrightLine

Bronze

Post by BrightLine » Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 am

A "high pass" in legal writing means? Anyway to sell an employer that this means something?

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri May 18, 2012 1:01 am

BrightLine wrote:A "high pass" in legal writing means? Anyway to sell an employer that this means something?
Hey, it means you're good at the thing firms care about when you're practicing. Congrats btw, I'm actually jealous.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Fri May 18, 2012 5:40 am

northwood wrote:
SKlei wrote:have people just filled out any answer on multiple choice problems when running out of time? I had my Civ Pro II final today, and I literally just filled in random answers when time was running out. I also really messed up on the essay portion of the exam. I'm really nervous that I am going to fail the class, do professors really fail people or just give them a C-/D?

Depends on the professor.. My civ pro prof fails people, and curves to a C ( rest of school is a B). Each MC had answer choices with a combination of answer choices ( like 1- responses A and B, 2. responses ABD, but not C)...

when i saw those, i just blindly guessed--- was stoked to get a C+ on that sucker
Whoa, your professor is seriously a dick - s/he has to know the effect that has on your GPA, especially if other 1L sections have a B curve for Civ Pro. Also, I'm surprised the school allows teachers to change the curve for a 1L class.

partyrock

New

Post by partyrock » Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm

woo finally done! now i get to relax by working on the law review submission...boo.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Done and grades start coming in on Monday. Time to forget the weekend :)

Benchslapme

New

Post by Benchslapme » Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Got my first grade in Property: A-
I am pleasantry surprised as I did not finish the exam, though I knew the material well.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Fri May 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Grades back already? Wow. Ours get released all at the same time probably during the first or second week of June. Then we find out about journal selection a little over a month later.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 pm

kapital98 wrote:
tedalbany wrote:
Lawst wrote:

I can't stand the LRW zealots. At my school it's graded but doesn't count towards GPA. Aka, worthless. Yet I know plenty of people who think it's their "most important" grade. :roll:

I'm glad it was only a semester at my school.
To be fair, the only reason I want it to be graded is that it would have brought my GPA up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”