Graduate school

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
gokumax
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Graduate school

Postby gokumax » Thu May 10, 2012 12:59 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but say I were to leave law school without getting a degree. If I were to apply to graduate programs after this (non-law), would they hold the uncompleted law degree against me? My grades aren't too good, btw.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Graduate school

Postby dingbat » Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 am

gokumax wrote:Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but say I were to leave law school without getting a degree. If I were to apply to graduate programs after this (non-law), would they hold the uncompleted law degree against me? My grades aren't too good, btw.

Thanks in advance.

No, they won't think you'll affect their attrition rates at all nor will they think your failure to succeed at law school is in any way predictive of success (or lack thereof) at their graduate program

gokumax
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Graduate school

Postby gokumax » Sun May 13, 2012 3:32 am

Bump.

My interests have changed and I'm thinking about jumping ship. I'm really hoping someone knows something about this. Thanks.

LOLyer
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Graduate school

Postby LOLyer » Sun May 13, 2012 8:02 am

A school won't hold it against you, in my opinion. I wouldn't be too vocal about it with employers, however...

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Graduate school

Postby IAFG » Sun May 13, 2012 8:45 am

Really? Jumping from one grad program to another? Why don't you take some time off to work and think things through with a clear head.

Slobberson
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Graduate school

Postby Slobberson » Sun May 13, 2012 4:45 pm

gokumax wrote:Bump.

My interests have changed and I'm thinking about jumping ship. I'm really hoping someone knows something about this. Thanks.


Contact their admissions department and ask them.

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Graduate school

Postby TTTLS » Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm

IAFG wrote:Really? Jumping from one grad program to another? Why don't you take some time off to work and think things through with a clear head.
Work?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreekOmega12, PPLK2016, wg6524 and 11 guests