Graduate school

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
gokumax

Graduate school

Postby gokumax » Thu May 10, 2012 12:59 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but say I were to leave law school without getting a degree. If I were to apply to graduate programs after this (non-law), would they hold the uncompleted law degree against me? My grades aren't too good, btw.

Thanks in advance.

dingbat

Re: Graduate school

Postby dingbat » Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 am

gokumax wrote:Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but say I were to leave law school without getting a degree. If I were to apply to graduate programs after this (non-law), would they hold the uncompleted law degree against me? My grades aren't too good, btw.

Thanks in advance.

No, they won't think you'll affect their attrition rates at all nor will they think your failure to succeed at law school is in any way predictive of success (or lack thereof) at their graduate program

gokumax

Postby gokumax » Sun May 13, 2012 3:32 am

Bump.

My interests have changed and I'm thinking about jumping ship. I'm really hoping someone knows something about this. Thanks.

LOLyer

Postby LOLyer » Sun May 13, 2012 8:02 am

A school won't hold it against you, in my opinion. I wouldn't be too vocal about it with employers, however...

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun May 13, 2012 8:45 am

Really? Jumping from one grad program to another? Why don't you take some time off to work and think things through with a clear head.

Slobberson

Postby Slobberson » Sun May 13, 2012 4:45 pm

gokumax wrote:Bump.

My interests have changed and I'm thinking about jumping ship. I'm really hoping someone knows something about this. Thanks.

Contact their admissions department and ask them.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm

IAFG wrote:Really? Jumping from one grad program to another? Why don't you take some time off to work and think things through with a clear head.
Work?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”