Motivation needed for write on Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
howell

Silver

Re: Motivation needed for write on

Post by howell » Tue May 15, 2012 9:22 pm

3|ink wrote:My write-on hasn't started yet. But I'm looking at supposedly good examples from years past, and I'm fairly certain I've found a fairly significant bluebooking error. But why would they use an example with such a significant bluebooking error?
Good examples of what - Bluebook tests, published student notes, or write-on entries? Just about any note/comment/write-on submission written by a student that hasn't gone through editing could have many, many errors. They are unlikely to have perfect samples for you to look through. Overall, the sample might be good, but there could easily be small errors throughout.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:57 am

just turned in mine, and was finding new editing errors right up until deadline.

not sure how to feel about that really

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 am

Mine is due in 9 hours.

Cannot wait to turn it in and be done with it.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Wed May 16, 2012 3:19 am

3|ink wrote:My write-on hasn't started yet. But I'm looking at supposedly good examples from years past, and I'm fairly certain I've found a fairly significant bluebooking error. But why would they use an example with such a significant bluebooking error? Am I getting it wrong? I've been looking all over my bluebook for a reason why this may be correct:
Chisom v. Roemer, 501 U.S. 480, 403 (citing Allen v. State Board of Elections, 393 U.S. 544,
567 (1969)).
Can anyone tell me why the date parenthetical for the first case (from 1991) was omitted?
Board should be abbreviated "bd." also.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed May 16, 2012 5:24 am

I developed some sort of cold in the last 24 hours and now I can barely even think. I was going to start writing today but I think whatever I write will end up looking like this: ghghdkslkfbghdjd. id.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed May 16, 2012 5:40 am

ilovesf wrote:I developed some sort of cold in the last 24 hours and now I can barely even think. I was going to start writing today but I think whatever I write will end up looking like this: ghghdkslkfbghdjd. id.
tomorrow i will start! srs!

AZN MegaPoaster

New

Post by AZN MegaPoaster » Wed May 16, 2012 7:42 am

Finished reading yesterday - was quite the bitch. Will begin writing today.

Bigbub75

Bronze

Post by Bigbub75 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am

Still have about 150 pages to go but today will be my last "reading day." Have to get a draft down so I can edit the sh*t out of it at least 3 times before turning it in.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 am

1 hour left!

And what is all this reading people are talking about? You didn't have to do your own research for the casenote!?!?!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed May 16, 2012 11:12 am

some didn't- my school was one of them!
( we were lucky)

although I just have to check 12 citations and im offically turning this sucker in..

istara

Bronze

Post by istara » Wed May 16, 2012 11:42 am

Half way through week 1 of 2 and I can't even bring myself to get through the first case in the packet. /bangheadagainstwall

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed May 16, 2012 11:44 am

the nice thing is that this distracts me from the impending doom of finding out what my grade is in a class where the professor has decided to curve his class lower than the school's suggested curve ( by a whole letter grade)....

Bigbub75

Bronze

Post by Bigbub75 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:32 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:1 hour left!

And what is all this reading people are talking about? You didn't have to do your own research for the casenote!?!?!

No sir. Handed us a big ass packet. Any outside research is "strictly prohibited."

Allegedly...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed May 16, 2012 1:24 pm

write on submitted. can. give. a.rats. ass about it

Gold

Post by 094320 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 pm

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 pm

I really hate that I have to write a personal statement for each journal I apply to. You also have to tailor it to each one's focus because they want to pretend that you actually want to be on their journal as opposed to just wanting to be on A journal...

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu May 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Still have over 150 pages to read... sigh.
And I have no clue what my argument will be yet. But I suppose that is all ok except I really want to write 80+ % of it by Saturday evening before I visit my family for a few days.
Planning on doing a little bit of editing and all the bluebooking over "vacation."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Thu May 17, 2012 8:57 pm

i can't do shit. so frustrating. i don't even know to cite some of this shit. damn.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 am

Lasers wrote:i can't do shit. so frustrating. i don't even know to cite some of this shit. damn.
lol me neither.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri May 18, 2012 3:24 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:i can't do shit. so frustrating. i don't even know to cite some of this shit. damn.
lol me neither.
i know i will not be on journal next year. i'm just throwing garbage together.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri May 18, 2012 3:26 am

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
lol me neither.
i think you have a shot of grading on if your next grades are as solid as your con law grade, also you got an A in LWR right? you must be a pretty good writer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri May 18, 2012 5:13 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
lol me neither.
i think you have a shot of grading on if your next grades are as solid as your con law grade, also you got an A in LWR right? you must be a pretty good writer.
perhaps a grade on is possible, but very doubtful, considering i've had a really bad feeling about contracts ever since i finished taking the test and i think that will definitely bring me way down. i guess i consider myself a decent writer, but not really much of a "legal writer." "general" writing may translate to legal writing to some extent, but i get too wordy and i am just horrible with citing and blue booking. have you been making any headway with the write-on? i'm sort of leaving the citation headache for the end and just throwing stuff together to fill the 10 pages.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri May 18, 2012 5:29 am

Lasers wrote: perhaps a grade on is possible, but very doubtful, considering i've had a really bad feeling about contracts ever since i finished taking the test and i think that will definitely bring me way down. i guess i consider myself a decent writer, but not really much of a "legal writer." "general" writing may translate to legal writing to some extent, but i get too wordy and i am just horrible with citing and blue booking. have you been making any headway with the write-on? i'm sort of leaving the citation headache for the end and just throwing stuff together to fill the 10 pages.
I have 3 pages written. I have a general outline for the rest so it's not terribly hard to get stuff down, I just can't concentrate. I'm writing about 2 sentences then watching one episode of tv, then writing another couple sentences, then watching another episode, etc. I did all of the citation stuff at the beginning but I'm not too sure about some of it, I have to go back later and double check it.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

I wrote something. Omgitssobad.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 pm

piccolittle wrote:I wrote something. Omgitssobad.
Meh, just getting something on paper is more than half the battle. Composition is draining; it's much easier to go back later and revise.

And trust me, I (and everyone I've spoken with) was in the same boat last week, struggling to stay focused and writing a sentence or two at a time before turning back to the TV/Internet/crippling alcoholism. That's just the way it is, and it's the same for everyone. Which is why I think just turning something in gives you a better shot than you think.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”