Motivation needed for write on Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Broseidon

Gold

Re: Motivation needed for write on

Post by Broseidon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 pm

ilovesf wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Why lol? I don't think I've paid for breakfast or lunch this semester.
Your LR sounds much better than mine, damn. I do get 50 cent diet cokes though.
What the fuck all I get is access to a Keurig. Though the forced faculty advisor will be pretty sweet if I need a prof LOR down the road.

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Broseidon wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Broseidon wrote:My authors have cited a single sentence to an entire treatise (~1200 pages) and use 2 explanatory footnotes (with no pincite). Am I expected to find exactly where this is said in the book (we need to tag on each source where the corresponding footnote is, in case that's not the norm)? If so I quit (semi-srs).
lol yes. if it's a quote you need a pincite. authors are horrible people.
What I'm referring to isn't a quote--it's the author explaining what was said in the book (kind of like a general summation). May just throw a see generally on it and call it a day. Though the issue of highlighting where the author got his assertion from may still be an issue.
Meh. I would See generally the damn thing. Parenthetical the footnotes maybe? Either way, I would never page through a treatise. Let the author do that.... But maybe my LR is harsher on authors than yours...

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Just randomly chose a note topic and sent it in. It is really awful and I will probably have to change it in a week.

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm

ilovesf wrote:Just randomly chose a note topic and sent it in. It is really awful and I will probably have to change it in a week.
I feel for you, except I managed to get 27 pages into mine before I realized my argument is going to be totally pointless... Publication, no. Paper box, check. So I guess I cannot complain too much... yet.

jess

Post by jess » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Jessuf wrote:My LR office has a small bowl with some lifesavers in it. WHERE IS MY KEURIG?!

Also, does everyone get writing credit for their notes/comments? Because LR at my school isn't for class credit, I can't just write a note/comment and use that to fulfill my writing requirement for graduation - I have to take an actual class that requires a 25+ page paper. LAME. :evil:
You can use it if you do it as an independent study with a professor here, but I didn't get my shit together in time to actually do that. So I'll have to take a seminar 3L to fulfill it.

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Jessuf wrote:My LR office has a small bowl with some lifesavers in it. WHERE IS MY KEURIG?!

Also, does everyone get writing credit for their notes/comments? Because LR at my school isn't for class credit, I can't just write a note/comment and use that to fulfill my writing requirement for graduation - I have to take an actual class that requires a 25+ page paper. LAME. :evil:
Jesus. LR at my school counts for writing credit AND 2 credit hours... I did not have to apply or anything, simply doing the paper and meeting the minimum standards = writing requirement...

Slobberson

New

Post by Slobberson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:11 pm

QUESTION:

Do most people do the bulk of their journal comment writing over winter break?

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Slobberson wrote:QUESTION:

I doubt it. I did because I wanted to get a lot out of the way when I didn't have much going on. Plus, I had 2 cross-country flights that I killed time during by working on my comment. But I know most of the rest of the people on my journal were busy scrambling the weeks before it was due and most said they didn't work on it over break.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Broseidon

Gold

Post by Broseidon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 pm

I will probably procrastinate now and justify it by saying I will crush it over winter break, then do nothing over winter break and end up writing the last 20 pages 2 days before it's due. Did it for my senior thesis in UG. I say that I've learned from my mistakes but I probably haven't.

howell

Silver

Post by howell » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 am

Our notes/comments were due by the end of November. :cry:

Blueridge

New

Post by Blueridge » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 am

howell wrote:

Our notes/comments were due by the end of November. :cry:
+1 Right After Thanksgiving Break. Should be fun.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Ugh, do not envy you end of November people. We've done two edits and my draft of the note is due October 22, but I hear the bar effort-wise is pretty low for the draft. I'm planning on just getting the page length requirement and footnote requirement in and really getting to writing over Christmas.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jess

Post by jess » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”