2L Spring Grade Waiting Room

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
a male human

Re: 2L Spring Grade Waiting Room

Postby a male human » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

txlawgirl wrote:The school I attend claims that the professors have 30 days to grade our exams (30 days from the exam or 30 days from when the last exam was taken). I have searched everywhere and cannot find this in any written policy. Do any of your schools have a written policy indicating when grades are due? If so, is there a penalty for not getting them in within the time limit? :roll:

Seriously, where are penalties for professors?

One class I haven't gotten the grade for is patent prosecution seminar, which was the earliest final I submitted, back in mid-April. The profs were very strict about our deadlines (11:59 PM) because it's the nature of their correspondences with the PTO. The contradiction is amazing.

txlawgirl

Postby txlawgirl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm

There doesn't seem to be any accountablity with regards to professors. I understand that consideration should be given to the fact that many of the professors are practicing lawyers and that they have other responsiblities in their lives but at the same time they are getting paid and we are paying for lawschool and we too have lives. You are right, professors place strict deadlines like late submittal will result in the deduction of a letter grade/late submittal will result in a failing grade." There seems to be no mercy for student late submittal j/s

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Still no grades. Hoorah.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Welp, all grades are posted and I feel like I can finally breathe. I would have liked a half grade higher in Evidence and Con Law I, but I'm content with what I have. I aced Legal Writing IV, though! Hoorah! I'm hoping I get the CALI award for that class. All in all, I made the Dean's list and my cumulative GPA went up .03 so I'll take it.

Here's to a really lonnggggg 3LOL!

Headybrah

Postby Headybrah » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Woah - exceeded expectations this semester.
Transfered from T50 to T20 school to be in preferred geo region. 1st semster 3.3 - 2nd 3.85.
Now top 15% of class - hoping I can catch some luck on 3L oci, clerkships or other jobs. Anyone have any advice?

Also - think I got the highest grade in a class, but we dont do CALI awards. Is it lame to ask the professor?

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:12 am

Headybrah wrote:Also - think I got the highest grade in a class, but we dont do CALI awards. Is it lame to ask the professor?

Very. A) you have no idea if you did or not. If you got an A+ there may be multiple A+s. The one time I got an A+, I got the Cali, but I was not the only A+ in the class. B) knowing you got the highest grade does not matter unless you can put an actual award under your awards section on your resume. Since you don't get an actual award, you have nothing to put. So it's a useless item of knowledge that only makes you look like kind of a douche for asking. C) if you did get an A+, you'll probably want to hit this professor up for clerkship applications. You want him to think highly of you, which means not asking a question like that.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 am

Hell. Fucking. Yeah.

Booked Business Taxation. I will take that CALI award.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Evidence: A-
Accounting for Lawyers: A- (lol)
Health care: A- (lol)
FDA: B (LOL)

~3.6 - can't complain I guess

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:07 pm

so far i have an A and three A-s, still waiting on one grade from an eight-person class....i am a little bummed because two of those A-s were really close to As but oh well

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Everything's in. Bleh. What's done is done.
(a little part of me is dying inside but whatever)

swc65

Postby swc65 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 pm

still waiting for two grades!!!! grrrrrr

Detrox

Postby Detrox » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:56 pm

swc65 wrote:still waiting for two grades!!!! grrrrrr

This.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Well, law school continues to prove that what you get in class ≠ how good you are in practice. Oh well, at least I got what I needed.

ewdrrg

Postby ewdrrg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:55 am

Tag

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:40 pm

ewdrrg wrote:Tag

Nice work posting to tag a 4-year-old topic and sending emails to everyone who has posted here.

I noticed your posting history is all tagging a bunch of topics. For future reference: You can hit "subscribe" (under the wrench icon) at the top of each page, which will notify you of any new posts (not here for sure), or you can hit "bookmark" (under the wrench icon) to save a topic for later reference. This will save everyone a lot of trouble.

mister logical

Postby mister logical » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:12 pm

a male human wrote:
ewdrrg wrote:Tag

Nice work posting to tag a 4-year-old topic and sending emails to everyone who has posted here.

I noticed your posting history is all tagging a bunch of topics. For future reference: You can hit "subscribe" (under the wrench icon) at the top of each page, which will notify you of any new posts (not here for sure), or you can hit "bookmark" (under the wrench icon) to save a topic for later reference. This will save everyone a lot of trouble.

My guess is he/she won't do this.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”