Would this upset you ?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TurtlesAllTheWayDown

Re: Would this upset you ?

Postby TurtlesAllTheWayDown » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

rayiner wrote:The level of retarded in this thread is staggering. Carpal tunnel is not something everyone has at finals you stupid fucking nitwit. And ADD isn't poor self control. What is this 1945?

Both ailments are caused by problems in the humours. Nothing a good bloodletting can't fix. Someone grab me a vial of leeches post-haste!

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:41 pm

You can get carpel tunnel from playing video games for extended periods of time (with your hands in a bad position). While I was studying over the summer for the bar, my routine consisted of study until midnight, then XBOX or PC games until 4 am. Until your hands strengthen that one little muscle that you've never used but now need to use thousands of times an hour, you will feel some pain, and to counter the pain, you may hold your hands differently, which ultimately leads to actual carpel tunnel.

If you are hardcore, you get yourself some nice wrist braces to prevent the onset or keep it from getting worse (this also applies if you work as a secretary). Lock those puppies in place and game on 'till dawn. Frankly, I don't respect you as a gamer until you own a pair of wrist braces, and / or switched you mouse hand from right to left for a prolonged period of time (days or weeks) due to unbearable index finger pain. And don't tell me "proper posture" blah blah blah. Everyone knows the proper position is slumped on your couch or chair so that you are using as few muscles as possible to conserve your caffeine for your fingers, with maybe enough range of motion to grab your pop and / or salty snack. Of COURSE it's going to hurt, but no pain, no game.

ephemeral.bete.noire

Postby ephemeral.bete.noire » Mon May 07, 2012 3:58 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:You can get carpel tunnel from playing video games for extended periods of time (with your hands in a bad position). While I was studying over the summer for the bar, my routine consisted of study until midnight, then XBOX or PC games until 4 am. Until your hands strengthen that one little muscle that you've never used but now need to use thousands of times an hour, you will feel some pain, and to counter the pain, you may hold your hands differently, which ultimately leads to actual carpel tunnel.

If you are hardcore, you get yourself some nice wrist braces to prevent the onset or keep it from getting worse (this also applies if you work as a secretary). Lock those puppies in place and game on 'till dawn. Frankly, I don't respect you as a gamer until you own a pair of wrist braces, and / or switched you mouse hand from right to left for a prolonged period of time (days or weeks) due to unbearable index finger pain. And don't tell me "proper posture" blah blah blah. Everyone knows the proper position is slumped on your couch or chair so that you are using as few muscles as possible to conserve your caffeine for your fingers, with maybe enough range of motion to grab your pop and / or salty snack. Of COURSE it's going to hurt, but no pain, no game.

This is fucking awesome

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”