Never mind.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
throwaway2012

Never mind.

Postby throwaway2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:00 am

Deleted for incoherency.
Last edited by throwaway2012 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

SilverE2

Re: Tired of LS Dean's Bullshit - Am I overreacting?

Postby SilverE2 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:10 am

Dude (or dudette)...what the fuck are you talking about?

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Mon May 07, 2012 1:14 am

I think you're gonna have to put a little more detail in here because I have no clue what you're talking about either.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon May 07, 2012 1:18 am

Very interested to hear what's going on when you learn to speak English.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 am

DELETED

throwaway2012

Postby throwaway2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:49 am

Well, internet, your derision has indeed convinced me that I was over-reacting. I thank you for your criticism. Carry on.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:52 am

throwaway2012 wrote:Well, internet, your derision has indeed convinced me that I was over-reacting. I thank you for your criticism. Carry on.

But...we didn't even understand...okay.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon May 07, 2012 1:56 am

throwaway2012 wrote:Well, internet, your derision has indeed convinced me that I was over-reacting. I thank you for your criticism. Carry on.

No, we seriously have no idea what you are talking about. What dean? What the heck is the situation? Why are you talking with this woman? What effect does it have? What exactly is going on?

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 am

kaiser wrote:

No, we seriously have no idea what you are talking about. What dean? What the heck is the situation? Why are you talking with this woman? What effect does it have? What exactly is going on?

Okay, I think OP is trying to apply for a study-abroad type program, the dean of the school hosting the program is asking her questions about her background (maybe OP is trying to go back to her home country to study? Or to a country with a historical bias against people from her home country?) and personal life (possibly trying to feel out OP's commitment to study abroad since it will be a long distance marriage?) so OP is generally offended. She's also having funding issues.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 am

Why would you apply to a nonschool study abroad program?

turkishswat

Postby turkishswat » Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 am

IAFG wrote:
kaiser wrote:

Okay, I think OP is trying to apply for a study-abroad type program, the dean of the school hosting the program is asking her questions about her background (maybe OP is trying to go back to her home country to study? Or to a country with a historical bias against people from her home country?) and personal life (possibly trying to feel out OP's commitment to study abroad since it will be a long distance marriage?) so OP is generally offended. She's also having funding issues.

You speak retard. Well done.

throwaway2012

Postby throwaway2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:12 am

Well, in typing my angry reply to you folks, I realized my problem. If you're still interested, keep reading, but otherwise, I'm not holding a gun to your head.

Basically, I'm applying for a study abroad, and in the course of this, I've had to work with a particular administrator. She's made so many personal comments about me - assumptions based on my race, comments on my relationships - that I've had a hard time separating my personal loathing for her from the fact that I need her to get through bureaucracy. I emailed her about an issue, got a reply with another ridiculous requirement, and I couldn't figure out if it was something the school genuinely needs, or if it was just her giving me a hard time again. Upon further reflection, it's a real requirement.

As for her, I plan on keeping contact to the minimum necessary. I had been hoping for tips on coping with bureaucrats, but a reminder that my I don't always make sense is also useful.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon May 07, 2012 2:17 am

IAFG wrote:
kaiser wrote:

How you got that, from the OP, wow.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon May 07, 2012 2:30 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
IAFG wrote:
kaiser wrote:

"I speak jive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

At about the one minute mark, awesomeness is made

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
IAFG wrote:
kaiser wrote:

lol your translation of that mess was dead on IAFG

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”