This is really messed up Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Extension_Cord

Silver

This is really messed up

Post by Extension_Cord » Wed May 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Some girl at my school just posted on our c/o facebook page asking for whoever changed her LRW brief from Times New Roman to Comic Sans font. Apparently she printed it and turned it in without checking and when she got her grade back she had huge penalities because it put her over the page limit by over 10 pages and messed up all of table of contents...

She's not in my section, but my professor atleast said he would not read anything after a certain page number. We have graded LRW...

Outrageous.

Unitas

Silver

Re: This is really messed up

Post by Unitas » Wed May 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:Some girl at my school just posted on our c/o facebook page asking for whoever changed her LRW brief from Times New Roman to Comic Sans font. Apparently she printed it and turned it in without checking and when she got her grade back she had huge penalities because it put her over the page limit by over 10 pages and messed up all of table of contents...

She's not in my section, but my professor atleast said he would not read anything after a certain page number. We have graded LRW...

Outrageous.
I'm confused. Are you saying that she had people on facebook crowdsource her paper? Also, I can't imagine how font could make 10 pages over.

northerncali9

New

Post by northerncali9 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

How on earth does she think someone else changed the font on HER document??

Morgan12Oak

Bronze

Post by Morgan12Oak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

She printed her brief and didn't realize it was OVER 10 pages longer and it was now in comic sans?
Last edited by Morgan12Oak on Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Unitas wrote:
Extension_Cord wrote:Some girl at my school just posted on our c/o facebook page asking for whoever changed her LRW brief from Times New Roman to Comic Sans font. Apparently she printed it and turned it in without checking and when she got her grade back she had huge penalities because it put her over the page limit by over 10 pages and messed up all of table of contents...

Outrageous.
I'm confused. Are you saying that she had people on facebook crowdsource her paper?
No, she left her computer on while it was open to her memo and someone changed it while she was away or distracted. She thinks it was in the actual classroom...

Morgan12Oak

Bronze

Post by Morgan12Oak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm

This seems implausible. There is no way you wouldn't notice the page length difference and/or the font. When you print something you at the very least flip through it to make sure the printer didn't go haywire or its out of order or something.

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:She printed her brief and didn't realize it was OVER 10 pages longer and it was now in comic sans?
I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought what would be the chances she would change the entire document to Comic. Does seem suspicious.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm

hahah probably a disgruntled Kinko's employee. Anyway, she didn't look over her brief before she submitted it, even for just printing errors? That sucks for her, but come on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm

She sounds like a dumbass.

Morgan12Oak

Bronze

Post by Morgan12Oak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Not to be harsh but this sounds like a prank anyone would pull on their friends KNOWING that the person would check before they turned it in.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 pm

I've printed before in a different font without noticing, but never anything as wildly different as that and I would most surely recognize 10 pages over. Besides, when you hand something in for a grade, you also take the time to proof your deliverable.

I feel bad for this girl, still. And, being a typical male, if this ever happened to me, there would be blood. Malicious intent requires catharsis of the broken nose, especially concerning grades.

EDIT: What school is this...?

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 pm

That's not messed up, this person is an idiot

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:43 pm

I think pranks like pouring beer over someone's head are funny. I don't really see how anyone can get lulz out of changing font. It's either like, "oh wtf? ctrl-a, fix." or "oh, you fucked up my grade"

i put this on the prankster

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:I think pranks like pouring beer over someone's head are funny. I don't really see how anyone can get lulz out of changing font. It's either like, "oh wtf? ctrl-a, fix." or "oh, you fucked up my grade"

It should never be "oh you fucked up my grade." Look over your shit before you turn it in, fer Chrissake.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I think she was probably joking, OP.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

no shit both are dumb. prankster is dumber.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Morgan12Oak

Bronze

Post by Morgan12Oak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah, funny side story a buddy of mine pulled a prank on me and changed the auto-correct on my word to be all messed up. It auto-corrected "constitution" to "LOLWHAT" and "right" to "wrong." When the exam started i was like wth but I laughed.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 pm

The girl is an idiot, of course. Still, the "prankster" is an asshat. You never, never, fuck with someone else's computer and you never, never, fuck with a person's grade. Period. The girl is dumb, but the prank is horrid.

zozin

Gold

Post by zozin » Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:I think pranks like pouring beer over someone's head are funny. I don't really see how anyone can get lulz out of changing font. It's either like, "oh wtf? ctrl-a, fix." or "oh, you fucked up my grade"

More like, CTRL+A, Delete, CTRL+S. :lol: :lol:

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:Yeah, funny side story a buddy of mine pulled a prank on me and changed the auto-correct on my word to be all messed up. It auto-corrected "constitution" to "LOLWHAT" and "right" to "wrong." When the exam started i was like wth but I laughed.
I would fight a friend like that. Not judging you or other people, but I find it fascinating how some groups of friends treat each other.

I like jokes and pranks, but jokes that 1) cost you money, 2) cost you grades, and 3) interfere with work/employment is off-limits. Also, anything physically that can bring harm. I will never forget, in grade school a friend of mine was tripped, fell, and bit through his tongue. Needless to say, I beat the shit outta the kid who tripped him. Think before you prank.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

zozin wrote:

More like, CTRL+A, Delete, CTRL+S. :lol: :lol:
and that's why my default save path is dropbox 8)

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

How do you print something and not notice the font went from Courier to Comic Sans MS? How the fuck do you staple something together without even looking at it? How is that even physically possible?

Morgan12Oak

Bronze

Post by Morgan12Oak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 pm

There's more back story than that. It was kind of a long joke between a bunch of us. Plus, if anything I'd say a prank like that improves your grade. 1 minute of your time is less valuable than the laugh and relaxation a joke like that brings. No need to take every minute of an exam that seriously.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 pm

ilovesf wrote:How do you print something and not notice the font went from Courier to Comic Sans MS? How the fuck do you staple something together without even looking at it? How is that even physically possible?
She is obviously a complete dumbass.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”