is redemption possible?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kraeton

is redemption possible?

Postby kraeton » Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 am

I'm undoubtedly the worst student to ever grace my law school in at least the past decade that hasn't dropped out yet. I'm constantly a sliver away from academic probation, and my work ethic hasn't been this bad since my 3rd grade world fair project where I slapped a map of Australia on a board and chugged Australian milk calling it their "cuisine." I'm in a T20 LS, went to a T20 undergrad just by virtue of the fact that I always somehow manage to be in the top 1% of standardized tests. I've at least done the minimal amount of work until law school, but I've literally been cracking open the case book or any law-related book for the first time within 48 hours of exam time. I definitely need to study harder... as in, study. Anyone ever do worse than me, but still make a comeback to a remote level of competence? I've gone through like 3 semesters worth, got barely above average in 2 classes, average in 2, and like bottom 5-10% for the remaining classes.

And yeah, I made a new account just to not get outed. I usually have a pretty healthy ego, but the shame is getting to me. Feel the need to hide myself, not that I'm active in the forums anyway. Mwahahahaha

rad lulz

Re: is redemption possible?

Postby rad lulz » Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 am

This is completely asinine. I suggest studying.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 am

rad lulz wrote:This is completely asinine. I suggest studying.

+1

Congrats on wasting a good education. When you find yourself unemployed one day, you will hopefully regret the lack of nutting up and actually trying to succeed.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 02, 2012 3:40 am

How's USC, bro?

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed May 02, 2012 3:46 am

rad lulz wrote:I suggest studying.

^This.

Glock

Postby Glock » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Redemption is hard if you are 3 semesters in. I generally go with the perform extremely well the first year then slide downhill strategy.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm

General Custer was last in his class at West Point, you shall suffer the same fate.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed May 02, 2012 12:16 pm

kraeton wrote:I'm undoubtedly the worst student to ever grace my law school in at least the past decade that hasn't dropped out yet. I'm constantly a sliver away from academic probation, and my work ethic hasn't been this bad since my 3rd grade world fair project where I slapped a map of Australia on a board and chugged Australian milk calling it their "cuisine." I'm in a T20 LS, went to a T20 undergrad just by virtue of the fact that I always somehow manage to be in the top 1% of standardized tests. I've at least done the minimal amount of work until law school, but I've literally been cracking open the case book or any law-related book for the first time within 48 hours of exam time. I definitely need to study harder... as in, study. Anyone ever do worse than me, but still make a comeback to a remote level of competence? I've gone through like 3 semesters worth, got barely above average in 2 classes, average in 2, and like bottom 5-10% for the remaining classes.

And yeah, I made a new account just to not get outed. I usually have a pretty healthy ego, but the shame is getting to me. Feel the need to hide myself, not that I'm active in the forums anyway. Mwahahahaha

I suppose somebody has to be the worst in a class.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 pm

stillwater wrote:General Custer was last in his class at West Point, you shall suffer the same fate.

Brutally killed by Native Americans?

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Thu May 03, 2012 7:17 pm

These comments are kind of dick (not surprised for TLSD) There are plenty of people who blow off law school to some degree and end up killing it. This is true. Maybe not to the bottom 5-10% degree, but bottom half for sure. It blows my mind that some of these dorks equate memorization and regurgitation, along with minute analysis, with being a "top performer" and the "best of the bunch." Get real, go get an interview and let some partners see how slick you are. OP, step your game up, but obviously you know what you are doing, and if you are feeling this way, start reading your shit next semester.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm

aquasalad wrote:These comments are kind of dick (not surprised for TLSD) There are plenty of people who blow off law school to some degree and end up killing it. This is true. Maybe not to the bottom 5-10% degree, but bottom half for sure. It blows my mind that some of these dorks equate memorization and regurgitation, along with minute analysis, with being a "top performer" and the "best of the bunch." Get real, go get an interview and let some partners see how slick you are. OP, step your game up, but obviously you know what you are doing, and if you are feeling this way, start reading your shit next semester.

Well since we are still in school wouldn't the "best of the bunch" or "top performer" be the person with the highest grades?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm

uh, there's nothing to redeem at this point, is there?

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu May 03, 2012 7:22 pm

aquasalad wrote:These comments are kind of dick (not surprised for TLSD) There are plenty of people who blow off law school to some degree and end up killing it. This is true. Maybe not to the bottom 5-10% degree, but bottom half for sure. It blows my mind that some of these dorks equate memorization and regurgitation, along with minute analysis, with being a "top performer" and the "best of the bunch." Get real, go get an interview and let some partners see how slick you are. OP, step your game up, but obviously you know what you are doing, and if you are feeling this way, start reading your shit next semester.

What the hell, I don't even...

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:26 pm

--ImageRemoved--

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu May 03, 2012 7:28 pm

What is this incomprehensible crap?

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Thu May 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Bring it legal noobs

Edit: "killin' it" isn't big law. its bigger

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu May 03, 2012 7:37 pm

aquasalad wrote:"killin' it" isn't big law. its bigger

epic.

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Thu May 03, 2012 7:46 pm

rad looz your sweet tar is pullin' up all types of pimp dude results

ASININE!!

Edit: fuck it the link won't work.. I've got your number red looz
Last edited by aquasalad on Thu May 03, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu May 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Was General Custer "killin' it"?

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 pm

aquasalad wrote:rad looz your sweet tar is pullin' up all types of pimp dude results

ASININE!!

Dude, go back on your medication.

Postby 071816 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 pm

aquasalad wrote:rad looz your sweet tar is pullin' up all types of pimp dude results

ASININE!!

lol you're my hero.

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 pm

At least I don't have the hots for my sister, Richie. Get real with yourself.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 pm

aquasalad wrote:At least I don't have the hots for my sister, Richie. Get real with yourself.

You leave Margot out of this!!!

crEEp

Postby crEEp » Thu May 03, 2012 8:08 pm

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Thu May 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:

Well since we are still in school wouldn't the "best of the bunch" or "top performer" be the person with the highest grades?

BY FAR, not necessarily. speaking from experience.

Richie, I love you btw, bro love only

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”