Anybody have good con law outline/notes for healthcare stuff

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
portaprokoss

Anybody have good con law outline/notes for healthcare stuff

Postby portaprokoss » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Anybody have good con law outline/notes for pending healthcare stuff?

The Chemerinsky doesn't delve into it that deply.

Re: Anybody have good con law outline/notes for healthcare stuff

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 pm

portaprokoss wrote:Anybody have good con law outline/notes for pending healthcare stuff?

The Chemerinsky doesn't delve into it that deply.

Since it isn't law yet, you are going to have to issue spot it like any other con law hypo. That isn't any help for what you are asking, but don't get caught thinking there is a right answer or that a few notes will help. You need to think of all possible arguements. Not just hte best.

Also, don't forget to argue the mandate penately as being fine or as being tax.

blong4133

Postby blong4133 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm

We've actually gone over this pretty extensively in my class. Mostly pertaining to it's impact on the commerce clause. My professor is in favor, and he had the Va. Attorney general come in (who is opposed) to speak to our class. If you have any specific questions you can PM me. I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

portaprokoss

Postby portaprokoss » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:32 pm

blong4133 wrote:We've actually gone over this pretty extensively in my class. Mostly pertaining to it's impact on the commerce clause. My professor is in favor, and he had the Va. Attorney general come in (who is opposed) to speak to our class. If you have any specific questions you can PM me. I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

just an outline of the pro-cons of the general arguments made in the appellate briefs.

blong4133

Postby blong4133 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:48 pm

portaprokoss wrote:
blong4133 wrote:We've actually gone over this pretty extensively in my class. Mostly pertaining to it's impact on the commerce clause. My professor is in favor, and he had the Va. Attorney general come in (who is opposed) to speak to our class. If you have any specific questions you can PM me. I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

just an outline of the pro-cons of the general arguments made in the appellate briefs.

Alright. I'll look through my notes...i'll p.m. it to you. Not sure if it will be any help...like I said, we really only went over the commerce clause implications.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”