People popping pills

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: People popping pills

Postby 20160810 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 am

Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image

hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?

I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 am

SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:

hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?

I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button

I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 am

Geneva wrote:
SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:

I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...

He's kind of a mod, you know...

dowu

Postby dowu » Thu May 03, 2012 11:26 am

Geneva wrote:
SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:

You're an idiot.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

Geneva wrote:

Slightly, but do you have any thoughts on this?

Personally, although I tend to goof off too much when studying (e.g., right now), I won't touch the stuff because I understand that it can be habit forming. Although I don't have an addictive personality, the risk does not seem worth it.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 am

I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.

bruss

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am

vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.

Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:50 am

bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.

Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

It doesn't matter at all, I'm just curious.

bruss

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 pm

bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind

No, you just do a double-blind study. I'm sure this has been done along the way with the use of this drug.

bruss

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 pm

sunynp wrote:
bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

No, you just do a double-blind study. I'm sure this has been done along the way with the use of this drug.

A double blind tests the drugs effectiveness. It doesn't measure the placebo caused by the Hype OF Addy.

What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

And the major hype of Addy couldn't have preceded its double blind study

Inference: a double blind would be a waste of time

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

bruss wrote:
What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.

waxecstatic

Postby waxecstatic » Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Definitely not a placebo effect.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.

You're wrong. Look up Go pills

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 pm

TLS scientists outside of the fitness thread are hilarious. Amphetamines might only be placebo because they've been tested on people with ADHD?? Wtf?

Ya we need a double blind study!!!

:lol:

bruss

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 4:40 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:TLS scientists outside of the fitness thread are hilarious. Amphetamines might only be placebo because they've been tested on people with ADHD?? Wtf?

Ya we need a double blind study!!!

:lol:

Rc fail? How the heck did you get that conclusion.

bruss

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

You're wrong. Look up Go pills

You also don't know how to read

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

"people expect adderall to work so it does"

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”