People popping pills

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: People popping pills

Postby 20160810 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 am

Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image


hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?

I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby Geneva » Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 am

SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image


hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?

I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button


I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby zeth006 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 am

Geneva wrote:
SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image


hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?

I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button


I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...



He's kind of a mod, you know...

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: People popping pills

Postby dowu » Thu May 03, 2012 11:26 am

Geneva wrote:
SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image


hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?

I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button


I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...


You're an idiot.

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: People popping pills

Postby I.P. Daly » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image


hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?


Slightly, but do you have any thoughts on this?

Personally, although I tend to goof off too much when studying (e.g., right now), I won't touch the stuff because I understand that it can be habit forming. Although I don't have an addictive personality, the risk does not seem worth it.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 am

I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am

vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.


Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:50 am

bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.


Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

It doesn't matter at all, I'm just curious.

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.


Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

It doesn't matter at all, I'm just curious.


Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: People popping pills

Postby sunynp » Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 pm

bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.


Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

It doesn't matter at all, I'm just curious.


Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind

No, you just do a double-blind study. I'm sure this has been done along the way with the use of this drug.

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 pm

sunynp wrote:
bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

It doesn't matter at all, I'm just curious.


Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind

No, you just do a double-blind study. I'm sure this has been done along the way with the use of this drug.


A double blind tests the drugs effectiveness. It doesn't measure the placebo caused by the Hype OF Addy.

What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

And the major hype of Addy couldn't have preceded its double blind study

Inference: a double blind would be a waste of time

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

bruss wrote:
What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

And the major hype of Addy couldn't have preceded its double blind study

Inference: a double blind would be a waste of time

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.

waxecstatic
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: People popping pills

Postby waxecstatic » Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Definitely not a placebo effect.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

And the major hype of Addy couldn't have preceded its double blind study

Inference: a double blind would be a waste of time

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.

You're wrong. Look up Go pills

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 pm

TLS scientists outside of the fitness thread are hilarious. Amphetamines might only be placebo because they've been tested on people with ADHD?? Wtf?

Ya we need a double blind study!!!

:lol:

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 4:40 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:TLS scientists outside of the fitness thread are hilarious. Amphetamines might only be placebo because they've been tested on people with ADHD?? Wtf?

Ya we need a double blind study!!!

:lol:


Rc fail? How the heck did you get that conclusion.

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

And the major hype of Addy couldn't have preceded its double blind study

Inference: a double blind would be a waste of time

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.

You're wrong. Look up Go pills


You also don't know how to read

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: People popping pills

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

"people expect adderall to work so it does"




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bearlyalive, Google Adsense [Bot], hunt godlink and 11 guests