People popping pills Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Diamond

Re: People popping pills

Post by 20160810 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 am

Geneva wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Image
hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?
I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 am

SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:
hey guys, has this thread already touched on the manner in which adderall leads to brain changes?
I don't know, you could always try reading the damn thread instead of mashing the post button
I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 am

Geneva wrote:
SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:
I could, but that would be a waste of my time because of people like you making pointless comments...

He's kind of a mod, you know...

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Thu May 03, 2012 11:26 am

Geneva wrote:
SBL wrote:
Geneva wrote:
You're an idiot.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

Geneva wrote:
Slightly, but do you have any thoughts on this?

Personally, although I tend to goof off too much when studying (e.g., right now), I won't touch the stuff because I understand that it can be habit forming. Although I don't have an addictive personality, the risk does not seem worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 am

I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am

vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.
Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:50 am

bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:I have to ask, I wonder how much of Adderall's benefits (in those who don't ~need it) are at least partially due to the placebo effect. People expect Adderall to work, so it does.
Does it matter? And if so in what sense? It been scientifically proven to work on moat people.
It doesn't matter at all, I'm just curious.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 pm

bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
Well to answer your question we would have to find people that is doesn't work on, tell them it works, and then check their brain and actions. Presto. But I don't know of any experiments of that kind
No, you just do a double-blind study. I'm sure this has been done along the way with the use of this drug.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 pm

sunynp wrote:
bruss wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:
No, you just do a double-blind study. I'm sure this has been done along the way with the use of this drug.
A double blind tests the drugs effectiveness. It doesn't measure the placebo caused by the Hype OF Addy.

What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

And the major hype of Addy couldn't have preceded its double blind study

Inference: a double blind would be a waste of time

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

bruss wrote:
What Vpintz is looking for is the measurement of the placebo effect caused by the Hype of Addy.

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Definitely not a placebo effect.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

Exactly. Clinical med trials for Addy were (as far as I know, feel free to correct me) only conducted upon people with ADD/ADHD--in other words, people for whom the medication is intending to help. With people who don't have ADD/ADHD, there's a different set of issues/questions.
You're wrong. Look up Go pills

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 pm

TLS scientists outside of the fitness thread are hilarious. Amphetamines might only be placebo because they've been tested on people with ADHD?? Wtf?

Ya we need a double blind study!!!

:lol:

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 4:40 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:TLS scientists outside of the fitness thread are hilarious. Amphetamines might only be placebo because they've been tested on people with ADHD?? Wtf?

Ya we need a double blind study!!!

:lol:
Rc fail? How the heck did you get that conclusion.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
vpintz wrote:
bruss wrote:

You're wrong. Look up Go pills
You also don't know how to read

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

"people expect adderall to work so it does"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”