(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Kikero

Re: .

Postby Kikero » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:19 pm

beachbum wrote:
chrispronger wrote:One nice thing about the OP is that it looks like he (she?) had no idea what the question was asking based on how he framed his question.

This is why I'm not overly concerned with the OP. If he had posted the full question, or had otherwise posted something moderately intelligent, I might be a little more proactive. But dude doesn't seem to have fully understood the question, and he didn't get any meaningful answers/feedback. Still a pretty shitty thing to do, though.

On the other hand, I didn't even consider being bound by the honor code to report stuff like this. I mean, shit, if I am bound by honor and duty to destroy OP, what choice do I really have, right?

+1

chrispronger

Postby chrispronger » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm

beachbum wrote:
chrispronger wrote:One nice thing about the OP is that it looks like he (she?) had no idea what the question was asking based on how he framed his question.

This is why I'm not overly concerned with the OP. If he had posted the full question, or had otherwise posted something moderately intelligent, I might be a little more proactive. But dude doesn't seem to have fully understood the question, and he didn't get any meaningful answers/feedback. Still a pretty shitty thing to do, though.

On the other hand, I didn't even consider being bound by the honor code to report stuff like this. I mean, shit, if I am bound by honor and duty to destroy OP, what choice do I really have, right?

I'm on it. Nice study break :)

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:29 pm

chrispronger wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I'm on it. Nice study break :)

Hell yeah.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 pm

hah, well now I wish more Duke students would see this. There's a few people in my section who post on TLS; I'm sure they'd find this interesting.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm

What I find most amusing is that the question really doesn't seem all that difficult.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:40 pm

kalvano wrote:What I find most amusing is that the question really doesn't seem all that difficult.

I had no idea how to answer it.

Morgan12Oak

Postby Morgan12Oak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:42 pm

In my boredom, I decided to see how difficult it would be to figure out who this is. Assuming no one outright knows who it is already, you can already narrow it down to 2 sections in Duke's Con law class.

Further narrowing it down:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155113&start=25

You can assume they have relatively strong knowledge of DC, maybe a local of DC and probably white.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152527&start=125

Definitely a guy since he refers to his "tiny dick" and how he is going to "study" so hard. Also, definitely someone big law focused.

LOL @ people thinking they are anonymous on this site.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:43 pm

rad lulz wrote:
kalvano wrote:What I find most amusing is that the question really doesn't seem all that difficult.

I didn't either. I seem to forget everything I knew about a law school subject immediately after I take the exam.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:44 pm

rad lulz wrote:

I'm studying for Con Law II right now, and it's a good question that requires some thought, but a few pages of Chemerinsky would easily set you on the right path.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:In my boredom, I decided to see how difficult it would be to figure out who this is. Assuming no one outright knows who it is already, you can already narrow it down to 2 sections in Duke's Con law class.

Further narrowing it down:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155113&start=25

You can assume they have relatively strong knowledge of DC, maybe a local of DC and probably white.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152527&start=125

Definitely a guy since he refers to his "tiny dick" and how he is going to "study" so hard. Also, definitely someone big law focused.

LOL @ people thinking they are anonymous on this site.

Shit just got weird

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:47 pm

kalvano wrote:
rad lulz wrote:

I'm studying for Con Law II right now, and it's a good question that requires some thought, but a few pages of Chemerinsky would easily set you on the right path.

Ahh if it's a conlaw II type question, then I have no idea. I only took I. Basically no individual rights.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:In my boredom, I decided to see how difficult it would be to figure out who this is. Assuming no one outright knows who it is already, you can already narrow it down to 2 sections in Duke's Con law class.

Nah, we can narrow it down to one. Two sections were in this particular class together, and this person definitely wasn't in my section (which took the final first).

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:57 pm

I wonder what the OP is doing right now: drawing the shades, unplugging his internet router, fashioning a mustache disguise...

PitchO20

Postby PitchO20 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:58 pm

OP seems like a dick.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

stillwater wrote:I wonder what the OP is doing right now: drawing the shades, unplugging his internet router, fashioning a mustache disguise...

Probably asking people on another forum how to defend against charges of academic dishonesty in law school

Morgan12Oak

Postby Morgan12Oak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

PitchO20 wrote:OP seems like a dick.

A self-proclaimed tiny one in fact

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

honestapplicant wrote:
I'm not assuming that I'm guaranteed biglaw at all. I know I'm going to have to study my tiny dick off to get it.

well start asking the ladies of Duke and see if you can figure out who this guy is

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm

* waits for OP to make the argument that TLS is not a "sentient being" *

Morgan12Oak

Postby Morgan12Oak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 pm

I hope the professor sends out an e-mail asking for the racist with the tiny dick to self-identify themselves

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:I hope the professor sends out an e-mail asking for the racist with the tiny dick to self-identify themselves

Where'd you get racist?

Morgan12Oak

Postby Morgan12Oak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:05 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155113&start=25

He got banned for a relatively racist comment for a week from TLS talking about the poor minorities apparently

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:05 pm

I feel slightly sadistic for finding so much pleasure in OP's potential punishment...

ETA: After quoting the below comment, fuck it. I'll gladly watch that asshole get called out.
Last edited by shredderrrrrr on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:
Morgan12Oak wrote:I hope the professor sends out an e-mail asking for the racist with the tiny dick to self-identify themselves

Where'd you get racist?

honestapplicant wrote:Damn right I would stay in the Mall/west of 18th street. Unlike the people who live east of 18th (aka poor minorities), I have a bright future. I'd rather not have it jeopardized by Tyrone from da hood

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:10 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:

Where'd you get racist?

honestapplicant wrote:Damn right I would stay in the Mall/west of 18th street. Unlike the people who live east of 18th (aka poor minorities), I have a bright future. I'd rather not have it jeopardized by Tyrone from da hood

Ahhh now I see. Carry on.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:16 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:

Where'd you get racist?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”