(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rayiner

Re: .

Postby rayiner » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 am

kwais wrote:
Borg wrote:
kwais wrote:
Borg wrote:At this point someone has undoubtedly linked the professor to the thread right? This guy is going down soon I'm sure. The best way to identify him will probably be by the urine marks on his pants and generally freaked out demeanor.

I think this shit is way worse than what OP did.

Uhhh asking whether or not one of his classmates told the professor about it is worse? Or suggesting that he has peed his pants? Am confused about what exactly is wrong with this.

the cheerleading for someone to get screwed. I think its worse. that's all

Dishonest people deserve to get screwed. Fuck them--people like that make the world shittier for everyone else. I hope he gets kicked out of school for this shit, we don't need another turd like that in the work force.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:20 am

rayiner wrote:Dishonest people deserve to get screwed. Fuck them--people like that make the world shittier for everyone else. I hope he gets kicked out of school for this shit, we don't need another turd like that in the work force.

Major potential to take the job that someone who is hard working but didn't have to dive to cheating would get, too. That'd be pretty sad.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:23 am

TTRansfer wrote:
rayiner wrote:Dishonest people deserve to get screwed. Fuck them--people like that make the world shittier for everyone else. I hope he gets kicked out of school for this shit, we don't need another turd like that in the work force.

Major potential to take the job that someone who is hard working but didn't have to dive to cheating would get, too. That'd be pretty sad.

Beyond that, they're the reason we have shit like Exam Soft.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 am

This person in my LRW section confessed to friends about having an attorney relative read and correct her assignments. So I can understand the rage (our LRW is graded/curved), but even with this that does have a tangible effect on my grade I didn't report him/her or anything. I just hope that eventually their lack of writing skills bites them in the ass.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:41 am

rayiner wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:

Beyond that, they're the reason we have shit like Exam Soft.

Seriously. Nothing worse than an untrustworthy cheater.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am

tedalbany wrote:This person in my LRW section confessed to friends about having an attorney relative read and correct her assignments. So I can understand the rage (our LRW is graded/curved), but even with this that does have a tangible effect on my grade I didn't report him/her or anything. I just hope that eventually their lack of writing skills bites them in the ass.

Damn, I absolutely would've reported them.

Shit, I didn't even let my mother read my stuff until after I got a grade.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:43 am

tedalbany wrote:This person in my LRW section confessed to friends about having an attorney relative read and correct her assignments. So I can understand the rage (our LRW is graded/curved), but even with this that does have a tangible effect on my grade I didn't report him/her or anything. I just hope that eventually their lack of writing skills bites them in the ass.

I don't care about cheaters because of their effect on my grade. Just one person after all. I care about cheaters because they're a cancer that can turn a healthy community to shit. It's antisocial behavior.

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 am

rayiner wrote:

I don't care about cheaters because of their effect on my grade. Just one person after all. I care about cheaters because they're a cancer that can turn a healthy community to shit. It's antisocial behavior.

This. My 2L class went through 1L with no known cheaters or evil people. Now, we all trust each other. It is a dynamic that makes life much easier.
Last edited by TaipeiMort on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 am

rayiner wrote:

Ha ha made you quote. Just messin' with you.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 am

TaipeiMort wrote:
rayiner wrote:

This. My 2L class went through 1L with no known cheaters or evil people. Now, we all trust each other. It is a dynamic that makes life much easier. The 1Ls have a bunch of snide liberal and insecure conservative kids and a bunch of gross public gunners. They all look suicidal and are insufferable to be around. The Duke kid needs to go so that the class won't fall a part. The kid will be sacrificed to make a needed example to the 80% of the class that quietly cheats.

Gotta get them evil doers.

--ImageRemoved--

kwais

Postby kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 am

rayiner wrote:

you can't be serious. I you are, you sound like a psychopath

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am

kwais wrote:
rayiner wrote:

That's actually a fair assessment. Take this thread, for example. People with no connection to this incident are tripping balls right now.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 am

A couple things, because this is getting out of control:

a) Now I kinda regret adding to this thread and airing our dirty laundry out for the world to see. But I'll just throw out there that 90%+ of the posts in this thread do not come from Duke students.

b) Whatever is gonna happen to OP has probably already happened. It's possible that an anon Duke student has reported this; again, I haven't, and none of the Duke TLSers I know have. But if someone has, OP deserves whatever he gets. Otherwise, I'm sure OP was shitting a brick as all of this was going down yesterday, and I wouldn't be surprised if this affects his performance on the next final. And, hell, he never actually got any help or feedback with his exam. So whatever happens from here is fine. And if nothing happens, that's fine, too.

c) Outing people (or coming dangerously close to outing people) is pretty shitty for an anonymous forum that everyone can see. And the dude you guys were talking about earlier is in the wrong section, and is too ethical/on top of his shit to pull an OP. We know which section OP is in, and we know which exam he was trying to cheat on. Speculation was fun for a little while, but if you're gonna go that far, just leave it to the Duke administration.

PitchO20

Postby PitchO20 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

oh hai ATL

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

--LinkRemoved--

It's hit ATL.

lobolawyer

Postby lobolawyer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

This. thread. delivered.

throwaway999

Postby throwaway999 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Trying to out on TLS is bad. -Corsair

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

kwais wrote:
throwaway999 wrote:This is why we can't have nice things

douchin it up, alt-style
Last edited by Unitas on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lobolawyer

Postby lobolawyer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

throwaway999 wrote:Trying to out on TLS is bad. -Corsair

Congratulations! your first post here is in a legendary thread.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 pm

TTRansfer wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/kid-posts-take-home-exam-question-on-message-board-looking-for-answers-finds-only-ridicule/#more-154678

It's hit ATL.

Holy shit. And we thought this kid was sweating it out yesterday? He will probably have a heart attack now. There is no way those in charge at Duke will not know about this now. Whether they decide to do anything or not is debatable, but they for sure know about it and have a decision to make.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 pm

At the end of the day, I'm thinking the second poster ITT saved his ass by sniping him before a legit response was posted.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:42 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/kid-posts-take-home-exam-question-on-message-board-looking-for-answers-finds-only-ridicule/#more-154678

It's hit ATL.

Holy shit. And we thought this kid was sweating it out yesterday? He will probably have a heart attack now. There is no way those in charge at Duke will not know about this now. Whether they decide to do anything or not is debatable, but they for sure know about it and have a decision to make.

Hah, maybe give his entire class a pass/fail grade if they can't figure it out. :lol:

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 pm

TTRansfer wrote:Hah, maybe give his entire class a pass/fail grade if they can't figure it out. :lol:

Eh, I think it's pretty clear OP got no benefit from, and was actually harmed by, his silliness.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 pm

kwais wrote:
rayiner wrote:

Not a psychopath, just less willing to put up with that kind of "I'm a special flower that doesn't have to play by the rules" bullshit the older I get. I'm not even being dramatic when I say that cheaters are how shit like Enron happens. One bad apple spoils the bunch.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:05 pm

xo, atl... what next! i am ready for huffington post or ny times. i will tell my grandkids to look for my dog tar in this great piece of history.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”