(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kwais

Re: .

Postby kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 am

sundance95 wrote:
kwais wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
kwais wrote:
the cheerleading for someone to get screwed. I think its worse. that's all

lol @ "get screwed," like that dude had no hand in creating his situation

you can have a hand in it AND get screwed. I know that two concepts can be difficult to juggle, especially when the curve is involved, but its not that complicated

"get caught" =/= "get screwed" HTH

doesn't help, but thanks

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 am

This thread is getting out of control. I mean the kid did break the rules and deserves the proper punishment, but it's just like we all want blood now. At this point it's up to the school/students whether to do anything.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 am

This is how the TLS Whokabian era begins brothers.

lobolawyer

Postby lobolawyer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 am

kwais wrote:

you can have a hand in it AND get screwed. I know that two concepts can be difficult to juggle, especially when the curve is involved, but its not that complicated[/quote]
"get caught" =/= "get screwed" HTH[/quote]

doesn't help, but thanks[/quote]

If I buy $5 worth of wooden nickels am I getting screwed or getting what I paid for?

I don't know what should happen to this guy. If reported, I doubt the punishment would be too severe. Nonetheless, we are a self-regulating profession and all it takes is a few dipsh!ts to ruin our collective reputation.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:This thread is getting out of control. I mean the kid did break the rules and deserves the proper punishment, but it's just like we all want blood now. At this point it's up to the school/students whether to do anything.

Agreed. This has been seen by enough people now; it's out there. And if someone wants to report it, go ahead. Again, dude deserves whatever he gets. But now this is devolving into XO, and I have to study.

Borg

Postby Borg » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 am

kwais wrote:
Borg wrote:
kwais wrote:
Borg wrote:At this point someone has undoubtedly linked the professor to the thread right? This guy is going down soon I'm sure. The best way to identify him will probably be by the urine marks on his pants and generally freaked out demeanor.

I think this shit is way worse than what OP did.

Uhhh asking whether or not one of his classmates told the professor about it is worse? Or suggesting that he has peed his pants? Am confused about what exactly is wrong with this.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for cheaters. If he has any honor he will just turn himself in. I don't like watching people get punished, but I do believe that people who screw over their classmates and try to cheat during important, stressful exams deserve to be treated accordingly.

I'm poking fun at him for what he did, but I hardly think this is "cheerleading" as it's not out of a desire to see someone get punished for the sake of punishment or to watch an institution exercise its power.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 am

beachbum wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:This thread is getting out of control. I mean the kid did break the rules and deserves the proper punishment, but it's just like we all want blood now. At this point it's up to the school/students whether to do anything.

Agreed. This has been seen by enough people now; it's out there. And if someone wants to report it, go ahead. Again, dude deserves whatever he gets. But now this is devolving into XO, and I have to study.

I'd suggest a lock, but I, like many others ITT, am interested if anything comes of this.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I'd suggest a lock, but I, like many others ITT, am interested if anything comes of this.

You can suggest it all you want, mods will then go on to ignore your suggestion anyway until they feel like locking it.

kwais

Postby kwais » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 am

not to get too dramatic here (although you guys are doing plenty of that, self-regulating profession lulz), but if you guys have not come across a good rule that can be administered poorly, then you have not paid attention in Con or Crim. Think for yourselves people.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:27 am

tedalbany wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
beachbum wrote:

You can suggest it all you want, mods will then go on to ignore your suggestion anyway until they feel like locking it.

Lol...ok?

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 am

lobolawyer wrote:
kwais wrote:wow, just visited XO for the first time. That might be the worst website I've even seen

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 am

chimp wrote:
lobolawyer wrote:
kwais wrote:wow, just visited XO for the first time. That might be the worst website I've even seen

It fucking makes Xanga look state of the art.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:33 am

I just received a phone call that I had to read this thread. Unbelievable.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am

TTRansfer wrote:I just received a phone call that I had to read this thread. Unbelievable.

Lol before we know it, it'll be on Yahoo news.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am

This thread was awesome until XO was mentioned. I can't go on there because I am a female minority. I second the streams crossing paths comment that I am too lazy to find ATM.

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 am

ssshhhhhh... some of them have sensitive feelings

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 am

Jessuf wrote:This thread was awesome until XO was mentioned. I can't go on there because I am a female minority. I second the streams crossing paths comment that I am too lazy to find ATM.

They love WOC now.

Ded Precedent

Postby Ded Precedent » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 am

kwais wrote:
Borg wrote:
kwais wrote:
Borg wrote:At this point someone has undoubtedly linked the professor to the thread right? This guy is going down soon I'm sure. The best way to identify him will probably be by the urine marks on his pants and generally freaked out demeanor.

I think this shit is way worse than what OP did.

Uhhh asking whether or not one of his classmates told the professor about it is worse? Or suggesting that he has peed his pants? Am confused about what exactly is wrong with this.

+1. I think this thread tells us more about the character of Duke students in general than just the OP.

Napt

Postby Napt » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Jessuf wrote:This thread was awesome until XO was mentioned. I can't go on there because I am a female minority. I second the streams crossing paths comment that I am too lazy to find ATM.

They love WOC now.

Pretty sure it's metaflame breh

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 am

Napt wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

They love WOC now.

Pretty sure it's metaflame breh

Have I been slaying BBdubs for no reason?

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:42 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:I just received a phone call that I had to read this thread. Unbelievable.

Lol before we know it, it'll be on Yahoo news.

You know shit is real when people actually start phoning people on the matter. :lol:

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 am

20 users and 36 guests on this forum, which usually has like 5 people total on it asking about some 7th amendment bullshit in con law.... OP is screwed.

ETA: Someone just linked this thread in my law school's fb group

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 am

Love how all of this was started by some rando with 5 poasts in a year and a half.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 am

Think this'll end up on ATL?

Corsair

Postby Corsair » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:42 am

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”