(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Morgan12Oak

Re: .

Postby Morgan12Oak » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:02 pm

man now all we need is areyouinsane to come back to TLS and talk about how this guy can still do docreview

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:man now all we need is areyouinsane to come back to TLS and talk about how this guy can still do docreview

+1

merc280

Postby merc280 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:06 pm

the possibility of being a lawyer is never dead. Sure the chances of doing anything important or continuous is gone, but I know a guy who does a divorce filing every now and then with no other job. Shitty way to live, but he's married to a doctor so I guess there's less motivation to work.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Unrelated note: 0Ls, this is a forum for law students. If you want to read along with this particular shitshow, then feel free, but I shouldn't see you posting repeatedly, proffering your opinion of what you would do. Go read Getting to Maybe or something.

Also to Duke retards who are trying to turn this into a witch hunt. Kill yourselves. If this guy gets busted, well he earned it. But trying to guess based of subtle clues. That's TTT bros. What are you Emory students?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:Unrelated note: 0Ls, this is a forum for law students. If you want to read along with this particular shitshow, then feel free, but I shouldn't see you posting repeatedly, proffering your opinion of what you would do. Go read Getting to Maybe or something.

Also to Duke retards who are trying to turn this into a witch hunt. Kill yourselves. If this guy gets busted, well he earned it. But trying to guess based of subtle clues. That's TTT bros. What are you Emory students?

Any other day, I'd agree with you. But our only other distraction right now is studying, and the next final isn't until Wednesday. So witch hunting it is.

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Also, it isn't classy to respond to OP's racism with racist responses. Like "Hispanics are racist too," or "He has to be white or self-hating Asian." For all you know it is Allen Keyes.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:20 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:Also, it isn't classy to respond to OP's racism with racist responses. Like "Hispanics are racist too," or "He has to be white or self-hating Asian." For all you know it is Allen Keyes.

There are some racist hispanics too =/= "Hispanics are racists"

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:29 pm

beachbum wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Any other day, I'd agree with you. But our only other distraction right now is studying, and the next final isn't until Wednesday. So witch hunting it is.

It's 75 degrees outside there. Gotta be better distractions than this.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:43 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
beachbum wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I dunno, dude. This is pretty good.

Sapientia

Postby Sapientia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:45 pm

This thread truly did deliver.

Evidence: Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever fully read through a TLS thread that's longer than just a few pages.

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
beachbum wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Have you ever met any law students?

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 pm

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:31 pm

What incentive do other students have to report him?

If you report and he's caught, then he probably fails or is expelled. Does that count against the curve?

If you don't report, his grade obviously will probably be terrible given how scared he is right now (not to mention resorting to TLS for help), so that will benefit you if you're in the section.

If I were about to report, I'd want to know that his grade would be counted for the curve and not lost. Even though it might be an extra person or two, you'd hate to be that person who was borderline and would have jumped past median if OP's grade was counted.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

desertlaw wrote:What incentive do other students have to report him?

If you report and he's caught, then he probably fails or is expelled. Does that count against the curve?

If you don't report, his grade obviously will probably be terrible given how scared he is right now (not to mention resorting to TLS for help), so that will benefit you if you're in the section.

If I were about to report, I'd want to know that his grade would be counted for the curve and not lost. Even though it might be an extra person or two, you'd hate to be that person who was borderline and would have jumped past median if OP's grade was counted.

Lol. And your analysis is only relevant if his grade is indeed bad (which it may not be).

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:35 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Lol. And your analysis is only relevant if his grade is indeed bad (which it may not be).

It's obvious that his grade is most likely to be bad. That make sense.

chrispronger

Postby chrispronger » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:41 pm

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 pm

desertlaw wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

It's obvious that his grade is most likely to be bad. That make sense.

Worded like that, it makes a lot more sense.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Any mods go to Duke? Maybe they're breaking the honor code by not reporting. hee hee

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm

ben4847 wrote:Any mods go to Duke? Maybe they're breaking the honor code by not reporting. hee hee

No. Too many of us are from UVA to bring in a Dookie.

Jk, I'm sure many of you are cool.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:55 pm

chrispronger wrote:All the OP had to do.

This result is the best thing I've read this month:
http://nif.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2481205

some idiot wrote:I am considering a federal lawsuit to block Hillary Rodham Clinton from becoming President if and until the male specific wording of Article ll is clarified by court decision, Constitutional amendment, or simply changed to include either an appropriate feminine or gender neutral pronoun.

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:55 pm

dailygrind wrote:
ben4847 wrote:Any mods go to Duke? Maybe they're breaking the honor code by not reporting. hee hee

No. Too many of us are from UVA to bring in a Dookie.

Jk, I'm sure many of you are cool.

Watch ATL spin this as "UVa students fail to report Duke honor code violation" and continue their hate on UVa.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 pm

WHERE IS THEIR HONOR? JEFFERSON WOULD BE SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE.

rinehart27

Postby rinehart27 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:58 pm

thelawyler wrote:I would say OP is likely white male due to his use of minorities. Although he could also be Asian but a bit self-loathing.

I doubt that'll eliminate too many people.

Well, he could be blind. Any blind kids in this section?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9iTYe6tEk

Younger Abstention

Postby Younger Abstention » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Well, on the bright side for the OP, if he gets caught he can still likely become Vice President...

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi XO bros.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”