What should my finals game plan be? Advice neededdddddddd

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bartleby

What should my finals game plan be? Advice neededdddddddd

Postby bartleby » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 pm

First exam is May 3 - 9 days - feel okay about this one but it's closed book - Contracts elective - that's a Thursday

Then come the monsters: exams on Mon, Wed, Fri (CrimLaw, Con, Prop). The last two are worth 4 hours. the first two are worth 3. I'm 100% prepared for Crim - but so is everyone else and their mothers. I am like 60% done with K's but part of it is because it is closed book...

Con law...I don't know. I'm good with...standing, mootness, ripeness, commerce, dcc, taxing/spending, war & treaty, incorporation, EPC, 1st A, State Action... but i have nothing on takings, Sub. DP and Pro. DP. problematic....

Property is the biggest problem. I stopped reading halfway through the semester. We did not get far in class...I don't know
estates and future interest (casebook or the technical shit), co-ownership, landlord/tenant, or servitudes/easements. but in total, we've only used maybe 50 pages out of the casebook for all of that (except the technical shit, which was a diff supplement). Feel strongly about the first half - themes of property, and theories, and policy and stuff but very weak on the test-able shit.

I need an ass ton of time to work on hypos though...

Thank you for even reading - I will put a poll up and it'd be great to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking I am going to go hard on Property and Con Law until Friday or Saturday...and then have the sense of urgency to study my nuts off for Thursdays exam. I feel pretty good about Crim, but must squeeze in a ton of hypos. However, I have memorized my attack outline and have my shit written down as it would be on the exam.

traehekat

Re: What should my finals game plan be? Advice neededdddddddd

Postby traehekat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm

you cover all that in con law in one semester? wow.

bartleby

Re: What should my finals game plan be? Advice neededdddddddd

Postby bartleby » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

traehekat wrote:you cover all that in con law in one semester? wow.

don't freakin wow anything. this professor is literally crazy and he's a complete jerk. we will read 30 pages from Sullivan and Gunther that will cover 10 cases in squibs and he'll talk about the history of one of the squibs. the only good thing about this class is that he has a million hypos.

...and it is somewhat tailored to my bad habit of reading and noting every single detail in every case.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”