Contracts Policy Question (ALL input welcome)... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nelaw2010

Bronze

Contracts Policy Question (ALL input welcome)...

Post by nelaw2010 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Dear TLS,

I'm currently taking Contracts with the following book: Contracts: Cases and Doctrine (Barnett). We also have the Perspectives on Contract Law book (crappy policy book).

Half of our exam will be pure policy. I'm looking for suggestions for a good CONTRACTS POLICY book.

All help appreciated. Thanks!

nelaw2010

Bronze

Re: Contracts Policy Question (ALL input welcome)...

Post by nelaw2010 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 am

bump. Any feedback?

edg

New

Post by edg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:54 am

I actually thought the Perspectives book was really helpful. My exam was 1/3 policy and I got my policy essay out of the book/my class notes.

Also, your professor is most likely going to test you on the policy that you actually covered in class. Go back over whatever you read in Perspectives and make a list of what cases are related to that policy. Generally there's also good policy stuff in the notes after cases, so you can go back through and see if there's anything to add. If you do that for the general policy topics you covered you should be set to write about whatever your professor throws at you.

Sorry if that's not what you were looking for, but I think Perspectives is the only decent K policy book out there.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 am

http://www.amazon.com/The-Oxford-Introd ... 0199740186

This is essentially Barnett's lecture notes. All the important policy points in his lectures/casebook are contained within.

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Thank you for your responses!!!!! I really appreciate it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”