What's the difference between LR and a lesser journal?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
romothesavior

Re: What's the difference between LR and a lesser journal?

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:11 pm

We have 6 issues a year.

And 3-10 hours a week seems really high for a simple staff editor compared to people I know here or at other schools, but even assuming that's right, I spend more time TLSing and killing zombies on CoD than that. I just hate the "zOMG I work soooo hard!" thing law students do.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:06 am

romothesavior wrote:We have 6 issues a year.

And 3-10 hours a week seems really high for a simple staff editor compared to people I know here or at other schools, but even assuming that's right, I spend more time TLSing and killing zombies on CoD than that. I just hate the "zOMG I work soooo hard!" thing law students do.

To be fair, when I said I did more work on LR than my other classes combined I was exaggerating a little, but I do very, very little work for law school (I typically take 3 Law & Classes a semester which means take 3 days for each class to write a paper and skim reading enough before class to raise your hand once, then 1 real class just so I don't feel like I'm completely wasting my tuition money). I spend about 10 hrs/week on halo, so yea...

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 am

Also, to anyone considering a board position, here is a good decision tree: Is it EIC? If no, don't run. If yes, do you want to clerk? If yes, run. If no, don't.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:10 am

Blindmelon wrote:Also, to anyone considering a board position, here is a good decision tree: Is it EIC? If no, don't run. If yes, do you want to clerk? If yes, run. If no, don't.

+1 to this.

Also, high five for Halo.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”