Disadvantages of taking the "ONLINE ONLY" Barbri course?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Julio_El_Chavo

Disadvantages of taking the "ONLINE ONLY" Barbri course?

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:30 pm

I just learned that they won't be having the Barbri course for the location I'll be at after graduation where I'll be living after graduation. Are there any disadvantages to taking the course online other than the lack of discipline that an online-only course might engender?

I.P. Daly

Re: Disadvantages of taking the "ONLINE ONLY" Barbri course?

Postby I.P. Daly » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:49 pm

You might want to call BarBri and ask. At many classroom locations, students watch a video recording (rather than a live instructor). For my state, the cost of online v. onsite is the same, because students have the option of attending an onsite location.

NotMyRealName09

Re: Disadvantages of taking the "ONLINE ONLY" Barbri course?

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 pm

There are threads on this, but I took the bar summer of 2010 and had signed up for an "on location" class - didn't go once, all the lectures are online and, as noted, unless you have the one class with the actual lecturer, you are watching a recording. Even if you are in the class, people don't ask questions or anything.

The only "disadvantage" of not having the location is it doesn't force you to go to class - but you have every lecture online, and if you need motivation to pass the bar, I'm not sure you are grown up enough to be an attorney.

tl;dr - none.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”