back to back exams

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

back to back exams

Postby goosey » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:12 pm

cops on 5/8 [closed book] and crim pro on 5/9

suggestions?

kalvano

Re: back to back exams

Postby kalvano » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Study harder in advance for the last one, since you won't feel like studying the night before. I had 3 finals in 2 days, and I think I did two days on the final one, then did 3-4 days on the first two, then another two days on the final one, a day off, then ran over everything the day before.

Ended up with a B+, A-, and an A.

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 am

Are you eligible for a deferral? At my school, if you have back-to-back exams within 24 hours of each other or a certain amount of exams in a period of days, you can have one of those finals deferred to later in the week.

If deferral is not an option, I agree with Kalvano. Last year I had 4 exams in 5 days and ended up doing pretty well (3.63 GPA on 3.2 aggregate curve). Just front load most of your studying for both exams and cycle studying for each exam about one week in advance. On the day that you have Corps, maybe just breeze over Crim Pro material and don't spend too much time studying for that exam on the day it is given. In other words, I would focus on being ready for both exams on the day that your the first exam is offered.

Does this make sense?

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 am

goosey wrote:cops on 5/8 [closed book] and crim pro on 5/9

suggestions?

I know some who've had 3 exams in two days/36 hours, brother. Look at it as an opportunity to harden yourself up for the bar next year.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:48 pm

studebaker07 wrote:Are you eligible for a deferral? At my school, if you have back-to-back exams within 24 hours of each other or a certain amount of exams in a period of days, you can have one of those finals deferred to later in the week.

If deferral is not an option, I agree with Kalvano. Last year I had 4 exams in 5 days and ended up doing pretty well (3.63 GPA on 3.2 aggregate curve). Just front load most of your studying for both exams and cycle studying for each exam about one week in advance. On the day that you have Corps, maybe just breeze over Crim Pro material and don't spend too much time studying for that exam on the day it is given. In other words, I would focus on being ready for both exams on the day that your the first exam is offered.

Does this make sense?

yes, unfortunately I JUST started outlining. and still have a lot of back-reading to mak eup.

our "back to back" exam policy is retarded. Its only considered back to back if its evening on day one and morning on day 2. if they are afternoon exams on both days, no dice

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Goosey, PM me an email address and I can shoot you my Crim Pro outline if you want. Got me an A-, so it can't be that bad.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”