No moderation in studying

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
unmotivatedjunkie

No moderation in studying

Postby unmotivatedjunkie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:49 pm

I commute to my school, so I don't usually hang around after classes are over. Today, I randomly decided to hang around, and I truly realized just how neurotic and studious some of my fellow law students are. They're randomly pacing around the library, poring over casebooks for hours on end, and just acting straight up crazy.

Any reasonably intelligent person can easily pick up the material we learn in law school in maybe a few hours of studying after class each day. But motherfucking living in the library? Going over out-of this-world hypos 24 motherfucking 7? Why? And the sad (and somewhat funny) part is, many of these same suckers end up below median.

Mal Reynolds

Re: No moderation in studying

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 pm

You know what's worse than neurotic law students who live in the library? Smug, douchey law students who make fun of people for trying their best.

t14fanboy

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Cool.

unmotivatedjunkie

Postby unmotivatedjunkie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Story?

unmotivatedjunkie

Postby unmotivatedjunkie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm

@Mal Reynolds

Oh I see. Trying one's best in law school must mean nervously pacing around the library for no apparent reason, and acting straight up crazy.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:05 pm

unmotivatedjunkie wrote:Story?

Bro!

t14fanboy

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 pm

In.

philly_law

Postby philly_law » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:You know what's worse than neurotic law students who live in the library? Smug, douchey law students who make fun of people for trying their best.

+1000000

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:11 pm

llachans

Postby llachans » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:13 pm

If I'm going to spend three years at a school or pay considerable money for an education, I will give law school my all.

Just because you have different study habits, doesn't mean you need to be smug about it.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Perhaps I can move this into the realm of being a useful post. How much is a normal amount of study time? Let's say how much throughout semester, and how much before exams/final?

lobolawyer

Postby lobolawyer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Br3v wrote:Perhaps I can move this into the realm of being a useful post. How much is a normal amount of study time? Let's say how much throughout semester, and how much before exams/final?

Before you go getting all useful on us I'd like to dogpile on the smug a$$hat who's similarly situated to a person with a 2.5 and has the nerve to critic study habits.

t14fanboy

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Br3v wrote:Perhaps I can move this into the realm of being a useful post. How much is a normal amount of study time? Let's say how much throughout semester, and how much before exams/final?

Isn't there a ton of threads on this topic already? Search function.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

unmotivatedjunkie wrote:@Mal Reynolds

Oh I see. Trying one's best in law school must mean nervously pacing around the library for no apparent reason, and acting straight up crazy.

unmotivated junkie is obviously unmotivated. Therefore, you have no cred. These people, while it is true they could learn to study more efficiently, at least have the brains to try.

You come off as the Bart Simpson of law school. And per bk1's link, you certainly get his grades!
Last edited by BarcaCrossesTheAlps on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apl6783

Postby apl6783 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:51 pm

unmotivatedjunkie wrote:I commute to my school, so I don't usually hang around after classes are over. Today, I randomly decided to hang around, and I truly realized just how neurotic and studious some of my fellow law students are. They're randomly pacing around the library, poring over casebooks for hours on end, and just acting straight up crazy.

Any reasonably intelligent person can easily pick up the material we learn in law school in maybe a few hours of studying after class each day. But motherfucking living in the library? Going over out-of this-world hypos 24 motherfucking 7? Why? And the sad (and somewhat funny) part is, many of these same suckers end up below median.

Yea it would be so much more badass to smoke weed and drink all the time instead of studying because studying is for nerds. Oh wait, no it wouldn't. This isn't high school anymore. Those nerds are going to pay for the valtrex prescription you won't be able to afford.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:28 pm

well OP had a point in that some people don't study efficiently and over do it, but really, who cares what they do?

i like where this thread is heading though. OP got exposed.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 am

t14fanboy wrote:

Isn't there a ton of threads on this topic already? Search function.

I wanted to specifically say don't say this lol. It's whatevs

AVBucks4239

Postby AVBucks4239 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:30 am

unmotivatedjunkie wrote:I commute to my school, so I don't usually hang around after classes are over. Today, I randomly decided to hang around, and I truly realized just how neurotic and studious some of my fellow law students are. They're randomly pacing around the library, poring over casebooks for hours on end, and just acting straight up crazy.

In case OP deletes the original post, I am morally obligated to quote the OP for future viewers of this thread.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”