How quickly can you crank out a paper? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jd20132013

Silver

Re: How quickly can you crank out a paper?

Post by jd20132013 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:16 am

currently have a week to do a 25 pager. got a detailed outline already, so shouldnt have to do too much research. put out 6 (terrible) pages tonight

my hope is to finish by thursday and have the rest of the time to revise heavily

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 am

I wrote my undergrad thesis in roughly a day and a half without sleeping and short meal breaks. Of course, all the research had been done and I had a detailed outline, just procrastinated on the actual writing part.

Linksys

New

Post by Linksys » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

VincentChase wrote:Debate between myself and a friend today. Twenty-five-page seminar class paper. Nose to the grindstone. Doesn't have to be done great. Just has to be done. I said that it can be done in a single productive weekend. She says no way.

What say you guys?
what size font?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I did 20 pages in 24 hours from zero research. Turned 20 into 30 in another 24 hours. Cop'd dat gentlemans A-.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:06 am

Desert Fox wrote:I did 20 pages in 24 hours from zero research. Turned 20 into 30 in another 24 hours. Cop'd dat gentlemans A-.
did it feel like you were writing something good when you were writing it? because this feels like absolute shit

the only good thing is that im on pace to get it all done by friday so i can revise over the weekend

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:07 pm

jd20132013 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I did 20 pages in 24 hours from zero research. Turned 20 into 30 in another 24 hours. Cop'd dat gentlemans A-.
did it feel like you were writing something good when you were writing it? because this feels like absolute shit

the only good thing is that im on pace to get it all done by friday so i can revise over the weekend
Not only did it feel like shit , it was total shit. But seminars grade super easy.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Depends, if it is a required course and I want an A......expect my rough draft to be in a few days and then for me to brood over it, making nickle and dime corrections for the whole term (or until due) up to the last minute before I have to hand it in.

If an elective class, and worth a small percent of the grade, and I know I can ace the next part standing on my head, and really only want a D so I don't have to redo it........
......about as long as it took to write this I guess.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:

Not only did it feel like shit , it was total shit. But seminars grade super easy.
proof that GPA is utter BS.

A guy can have a 4.0 in bull, or the mental clone of himself with a 3.0 in classes worth showing up for. True for undergrad, true for grad, true for life.

It's life having an "all wins" court record when you only cherry pick slam dunk cases and/or buff the judge........ winning is winning I guess.......

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 pm

jurisx wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:

A guy can have a 4.0 in bull, or the mental clone of himself with a 3.0 in classes worth showing up for. True for undergrad, true for grad, true for life.

It's life having an "all wins" court record when you only cherry pick slam dunk cases and/or buff the judge........ winning is winning I guess.......
Makes me feel like a sucker for ever challenging myself. I should've just gone to some party school and gotten a 3.8 in geology and smoked weed every goddamn day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Makes me feel like a sucker for ever challenging myself. I should've just gone to some party school and gotten a 3.8 in geology and smoked weed every goddamn day.

4.0 in sociology while working full time. So... yeah.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 pm

jurisx wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:

Law school GPA after 1L is 100% BS.

Chucky21

Bronze

Post by Chucky21 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Definitely possible to write 25 pages in a weekend, especially if the research is already done. Easier if you get 13 done in one day at least. Get over that half way mark.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:31 pm

spleenworship wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Makes me feel like a sucker for ever challenging myself. I should've just gone to some party school and gotten a 3.8 in geology and smoked weed every goddamn day.

done stroking? Feel better? Good, carry on.

PS

Sociology...... proof you can get a degree in anything and still get into law school.
At least it wasn't polpsy I guess...........(or was it?) :roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

jurisx wrote:proof you can get a degree in anything and still get into law school.
I blame the rankings.

Then again I blame U.S. News for a lot of things.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm

jurisx wrote:
spleenworship wrote:

PS

Sociology...... proof you can get a degree in anything and still get into law school.
1) I was agreeing with Schopenhauer

2) Duh, law schools will let you in with a BFA in basket weaving

3) You are still the worst troll ever

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 am

Yes, yes you should have.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 am

spleenworship wrote:
jurisx wrote:
spleenworship wrote:

PS

1) I was agreeing with Schopenhauer

2) Duh, law schools will let you in with a BFA in basket weaving

3) You are still the worst troll ever
Seriously. 0-for- in the lulz department.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:36 pm

says the babies to the person taking bar prep in a few weeks.........

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 pm

jurisx wrote:says the babies to the person taking bar prep in a few weeks.........
Whoa, you graduated law school? Impressed

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 pm

jurisx wrote:says the babies to the person taking bar prep in a few weeks.........
After the bar has been administered? You must be really concerned about your performance.
sundance95 wrote: Whoa, you graduated law school? Impressed I look forward to reading about you in a newspaper when your paralegal gets tired of your shit and takes you out with a well aimed telephone receiver.
FTFM

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 pm

spleenworship wrote:
After the bar has been administered? You must be really concerned about your performance.
sundance95 wrote: Whoa, you graduated law school? Impressed I look forward to reading about you in a newspaper when your paralegal gets tired of your shit and takes you out with a well aimed telephone receiver.
FTFM
You know they give it multiple times per year right? That and you have to graduate first to take it. Anyone who waits until graduation to prep is an idiot. I am taking it my final term on campus like any reasonable person (why waste money on seminars when you can get credit for the prep?)

As for the "Impressed" part, don't be. Anyone who shows up sober can graduate law school. 3.3 curves at most schools if the poll on this site means anything.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:27 pm

jurisx wrote:
You know they give it multiple times per year right?

No. They don't. You haven't graduated law school, have you? In fact, you are just some 0L Troll, aren't you?

ETA: also, as far as I can tell, pretty much everyone waits till graduation to prep.

Maybe you are thinking of the LSAT, 0L?

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 pm

spleenworship wrote:
jurisx wrote:

No. They don't. You haven't graduated law school, have you? In fact, you are just some 0L Troll, aren't you?

ETA: also, as far as I can tell, pretty much everyone waits till graduation to prep.

Read posts, gives answers, you clearly lack reading comprehension(Me no graduate yet, you idiot). And yeah pretty sure they do (same for MPRE-taking that in a few days)

And if I am wrong on the bar dates issue, guess what......they'll teach me that in bar prep.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 pm

jurisx wrote:
spleenworship wrote:
jurisx wrote:

Read posts, gives answers, you clearly lack reading comprehension(Me no graduate yet, you idiot). And yeah pretty sure they do (same for MPRE-taking that in a few days)

And if I am wrong on the bar dates issue, guess what......they'll teach me that in bar prep.

While the MPRE is offered more often, from my understanding, the bar is only offered July and February in every state in the Union (less in a few states, from my understanding- only once a year in a few). In any case, I understood when you said you hadn't graduated yet. I just didn't believe you because I think you are a troll.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:04 pm

jursx wrote:
sundance95 wrote: Whoa, you graduated law school? Impressed
You know they give it multiple times per year right? That and you have to graduate first to take it. Anyone who waits until graduation to prep is an idiot. I am taking it my final term on campus like any reasonable person (why waste money on seminars when you can get credit for the prep?)

As for the "Impressed" part, don't be. Anyone who shows up sober can graduate law school. 3.3 curves at most schools if the poll on this site means anything.

Thatsthejoke.jpg

Also, not even the rankest festering tttt gives credit for bar prep. 120 troll

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”