how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Flips88 wrote:How is this calling bullshit?


I literally do not recall typing "Calling Bullshit"... Odd. I meant to put "+1", just woke up when I wrote that, mildly hungover, I might add. Apologies.

EDIT: Apparently it's an April Fool's Joke or something, it automatically changes "Plus One" to "Calling Bullshit"

Image

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11801
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby ilovesf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:22 pm

i lol'd

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13644
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:44 pm

This year's April Fools Day thing is infinitely less entertaining than last year's.

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby sunynp » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Flips88 wrote:This year's April Fools Day thing is infinitely less entertaining than last year's.

I wasn't here for last year's but I think this is pretty funny.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13644
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

sunynp wrote:
Flips88 wrote:This year's April Fools Day thing is infinitely less entertaining than last year's.

I wasn't here for last year's but I think this is pretty funny.

Last year they pretended T.L.S. was sold to USNWR and they had a Bob Morse account. It ended up getting taken over by DH20man because the password was "password" and hilarity ensued.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Flips88 wrote:
sunynp wrote:
Flips88 wrote:This year's April Fools Day thing is infinitely less entertaining than last year's.

I wasn't here for last year's but I think this is pretty funny.

Last year they pretended T.L.S. was sold to USNWR and they had a Bob Morse account. It ended up getting taken over by DH20man because the password was "password" and hilarity ensued.


That was incredible. Can't imagine why they didn't do something similar this year

User avatar
Sapientia
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby Sapientia » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:31 pm

+1

Sorry, had to try it.

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby acrossthelake » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 pm

spleenworship wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:As much as I needed to feel like I wouldn't let my partner down.


Ugh. So glad we did ours alone. I hate group work.


I've actually enjoyed all partner/group experience I've had this school year. I've made friends I wouldn't have otherwise.

Buck.Shot
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby Buck.Shot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Who here has to do an oral argument for their appellate brief?

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Buck.Shot wrote:Who here has to do an oral argument for their appellate brief?


I think most schools do this. We certainly did (on- and off-brief), though it wasn't graded.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby merc280 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

beachbum wrote:
Buck.Shot wrote:Who here has to do an oral argument for their appellate brief?


I think most schools do this. We certainly did (on- and off-brief), though it wasn't graded.



same here, had to do a mandatory one. Kind of a waste of time to advance through the rounds, luckily my team lost after the double octa round.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby spleenworship » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 pm

I do. Graded.

Buck.Shot
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby Buck.Shot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm

spleenworship wrote:I do. Graded.


Ouch--at least you have something to motivate you to practice your argument. The fact that my oral argument isn't graded just reaffirms my conviction that this whole thing is a waste of time.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby shock259 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:35 pm

A whole lot less than you guys, apparently.

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: how much time did you sink into your appellant brief

Postby OklahomasOK » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 pm

For no reason at all my LRW professor holds us to a very high standard, higher than other sections in the same 1L class. I spent a solid 50-60 hours researching, typing and editing.

I've likely spent about 20 preparing for MC... which is also graded.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CharlieAvocado, deadthrone7, electriklemon, hkh2220, Kahlo, LandMermaid, Nachoo2019, Nylon, wg6524 and 17 guests