5 weeks until Evidence Exam--how to proceed!

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Zannie1986

5 weeks until Evidence Exam--how to proceed!

Postby Zannie1986 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am

I'm totally thrown off by my evid. class- exam is 3 hr, closed book, and over 1000 pages of material. I always flounder with closed books. Started memorizing the rules, i did an outline out of the cases, i made a chart on common law vs. FRE bc he wants us responsible for that, but I don't think any of that's sinking in. Anyone have a strategy of attack for the next 5 wk?

TTH

Re: 5 weeks until Evidence Exam--how to proceed!

Postby TTH » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Your class/exam are unique enough that advice from TLS may not be so helpful. Have you tried seeking out someone who did well in the class previously to see what worked for them?

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:53 pm

You can get Evidence-Law in a Flash cards cheap on amazon. The flash hypos primarily helped me learn whether statements: a) are relevant; b) are hearsay; c) fit within an exception to hearsay; and d) are a hearsay exclusion.

There was also a book, I think it was called Evidence Exam Pro(?), that provided a lot of helpful sample exam essays and model answers.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Siegels has a great study supplement that has a bunch of essay questions and M/C hearsay questions, with explanations of correct answers.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm

kalvano wrote:Siegels has a great study supplement that has a bunch of essay questions and M/C hearsay questions, with explanations of correct answers.

I'll take this as an endorsement.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”