3LOL Fall Semester Classes

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
de5igual

3LOL Fall Semester Classes

Postby de5igual » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Registration is right around the corner, and I have no clue what to take. Should I take bar classes (e.g., evidence, will & estates) or should I focus on minimizing exams and thursday/friday classes?

This is what I'm thinking right now:

Equity & Access in Higher Education (3 cr)
International Tax (3 cr)
Environmental Law Clinic (6 cr)
Random B-School class - p/f (3cr)

The only one I'm concerned about is International Tax—FIT was such a draining and miserable experience even though I ended up doing extremely well. Evidence can also fit into this schedule, but I really would rather not go this route unless Barbri won't be sufficient. Halp!

BarbellDreams

Re: 3LOL Fall Semester Classes

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:44 pm

If you're on the brink of honors = take whatever class has no final and the easiest grading.

If you don care about honors: Take as many Pass/Fail classes and Practicums/ Clinics as you can. Unless there is some course you are absolutely dying to try I think 3L is for relaxing. I still lol everytime I think about my 4 credit pass/fail course.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:If you're on the brink of honors = take whatever class has no final and the easiest grading.

If you don care about honors: Take as many Pass/Fail classes and Practicums/ Clinics as you can. Unless there is some course you are absolutely dying to try I think 3L is for relaxing. I still lol everytime I think about my 4 credit pass/fail course.

So evidence/wills is largely a waste of time you think? I'm just worried that BarBri alone won't be enough for the bar

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 am

f0bolous wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:If you're on the brink of honors = take whatever class has no final and the easiest grading.

So evidence/wills is largely a waste of time you think? I'm just worried that BarBri alone won't be enough for the bar

I'm taking bar classes and have been this year too. I personally just don't trust BarBri alone and I'm more comfortable when I have a background in something. Balancing that out with Practicums/"fun" classes. But between transferring and my piss-pour Fall 2L scheduling, I also need to take way more credits than most here.

Also, for what it's worth, I've heard trusts & estates (i.e. wills) is generally a good class.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:02 pm

f0bolous wrote:

Every attorney at my firm says Estates and Trusts can be learned in a weekend through BarBri and told me not to waste my time. I would HIGHLY suggest you take evidence however.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”