Law school social life

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
greenapple

Law school social life

Postby greenapple » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 am

People say you meet your best friends in college. So far, that hasn't happened for me, due to various reasons. I am currently a sophomore and am still working on my social life here, and hope that it will start blossoming some time. With that said, I was wondering if it is as easy to make really good friends in law school? I plan on attending law schools such as NYU and Columbia, and going straight out of undergrad.

They say college is the time of your life... how does law school life compare?

Bronck

Re: Law school social life

Postby Bronck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

You already posted this thread..... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180779

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Bronck wrote:You already posted this thread..... http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=180779

wtf...

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Jessuf wrote:
Bronck wrote:You already posted this thread..... http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=180779

wtf...

It should be obvious from the post that his interpersonal skills are lacking.

You'll fit right in at law school! :D

reformed calvinist

Postby reformed calvinist » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Bronck wrote:You already posted this thread..... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180779

Not to mention the fact that it's still an active topic-looking back the last post was a little over an hour ago. Not sure if serious...

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 am

OP removed emphasis on "I was wondering if it is as easy to make really good friends in law school?"; i believe this makes this new thread distinctive and entirely worthwhile.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:58 am

i prolly have aspergers, but you'll make a few friends in law school just cause you are forced to see them everyday for a year. i didn't really make friends in college cause i went to a shitty commuter school. at least from my limited experience, almost everyone is super chill and you'll always have something in common to talk about (this/that class sucks)

the only thing is that i think it splits up into groups pretty fast. pick a non-fake gunner group. maybe you'll make some friends fo life. but there's only a handful of people in my section that actively chose not to socialize - and even less - i can maybe think of one guy - who everyone just hates for no good reason

for the record - posting at 2 am on a saturday night about social skillz

Ignatius J. Reilly

Postby Ignatius J. Reilly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 pm

bartleby wrote:i prolly have aspergers, but you'll make a few friends in law school just cause you are forced to see them everyday for a year. i didn't really make friends in college cause i went to a shitty commuter school. at least from my limited experience, almost everyone is super chill and you'll always have something in common to talk about (this/that class sucks)

the only thing is that i think it splits up into groups pretty fast. pick a non-fake gunner group. maybe you'll make some friends fo life. but there's only a handful of people in my section that actively chose not to socialize - and even less - i can maybe think of one guy - who everyone just hates for no good reason

for the record - posting at 2 am on a saturday night about social skillz

I prefer not to.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”