Law school social life

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
greenapple

New

Law school social life

Postby greenapple » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 am

People say you meet your best friends in college. So far, that hasn't happened for me, due to various reasons. I am currently a sophomore and am still working on my social life here, and hope that it will start blossoming some time. With that said, I was wondering if it is as easy to make really good friends in law school? I plan on attending law schools such as NYU and Columbia, and going straight out of undergrad.

They say college is the time of your life... how does top-law-schools.com compare?

Bronck

Gold

Re: Law school social life

Postby Bronck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

You already posted this thread..... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180779

jess

Diamond

Postby jess » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

kapital98

Silver

Postby kapital98 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Jessuf wrote:
Bronck wrote:You already posted this thread..... http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=180779

wtf...

It should be obvious from the post that his interpersonal skills are lacking.

You'll fit right in at law school! :D

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Postby reformed calvinist » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Bronck wrote:You already posted this thread..... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180779

Not to mention the fact that it's still an active topic-looking back the last post was a little over an hour ago. Not sure if serious...

Lasers

Gold

Postby Lasers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 am

OP removed emphasis on "I was wondering if it is as easy to make really good friends in law school?"; i believe this makes this new thread distinctive and entirely worthwhile.

bartleby

Silver

Postby bartleby » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:58 am

i prolly have aspergers, but you'll make a few friends in law school just cause you are forced to see them everyday for a year. i didn't really make friends in college cause i went to a shitty commuter school. at least from my limited experience, almost everyone is super chill and you'll always have something in common to talk about (this/that class sucks)

the only thing is that i think it splits up into groups pretty fast. pick a non-fake gunner group. maybe you'll make some friends fo life. but there's only a handful of people in my section that actively chose not to socialize - and even less - i can maybe think of one guy - who everyone just hates for no good reason

for the record - posting at 2 am on a saturday night about social skillz

Ignatius J. Reilly

New

Postby Ignatius J. Reilly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 pm

bartleby wrote:i prolly have aspergers, but you'll make a few friends in law school just cause you are forced to see them everyday for a year. i didn't really make friends in college cause i went to a shitty commuter school. at least from my limited experience, almost everyone is super chill and you'll always have something in common to talk about (this/that class sucks)

the only thing is that i think it splits up into groups pretty fast. pick a non-fake gunner group. maybe you'll make some friends fo life. but there's only a handful of people in my section that actively chose not to socialize - and even less - i can maybe think of one guy - who everyone just hates for no good reason

for the record - posting at 2 am on a saturday night about social skillz

I prefer not to.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�