What does your school do to promote mental health? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NoleinNY

Silver

Re: What does your school do to promote mental health?

Post by NoleinNY » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 am

Free psychological counselor. He's cool and all, but I'd rather have a therapy dog any day.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:18 am

I have heard that first year law students overburden the counseling services. Then they do not see most people after that.

HWS08

Bronze

Post by HWS08 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:40 pm

I really wish we had puppies/dogs on campus like Yale and a few other schools do! We don't even get a measly free gym membership for the campus gym to help us work out some of that stress.
Last edited by HWS08 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:08 pm

HWS08 wrote:
To answer the OP, as far as I know we don't really do anything for mental health (and I am pretty tuned in, so if there are any services offered they are not well advertised). I really wish we had puppies/dogs on campus like Yale and a few other schools do! We don't even get a measly free gym membership for the campus gym to help us work out some of that stress.
I would go insane without working out 3-4 times a week. It's free at my school as long as you live in their facilities (as I assume it is for most schools.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”