Haven't really read for class

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bonham887

Haven't really read for class

Postby bonham887 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 pm

2L, have barely read for half my classes, have read fairly well for the other half of classes, but also missed a fair amount of class, is it too late in the semester to play catchup? Just surviving at this point. I just can't find the motivation. No summer job or prospects on the horizon either.

Julio_El_Chavo

Re: Haven't really read for class

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 pm

bonham887 wrote:2L, have barely read for half my classes, have read fairly well for the other half of classes, but also missed a fair amount of class, is it too late in the semester to play catchup? Just surviving at this point. I just can't find the motivation. No summer job or prospects on the horizon either.

Sounds like you're wasting your own time and money by going to law school.

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
bonham887 wrote:2L, have barely read for half my classes, have read fairly well for the other half of classes, but also missed a fair amount of class, is it too late in the semester to play catchup? Just surviving at this point. I just can't find the motivation. No summer job or prospects on the horizon either.

FLAME

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:46 pm

sparty99 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:

FLAME

?

law777

Postby law777 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180343

Some of the posts therein might help

bonham887

Postby bonham887 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 am

Honestly, I tried really hard first year of law school, at a T14, did poorly the first semester, changed things up second semester and improved but still not by much. The lack of motivation/lousy 2L habits were not what I did my 1L year but at this point, with no summer job/prospects and with it being too late to drop out after 4 semesters, it's just hard to find motivation. I'm just asking for advice if anyone has any strategies on how to utilize my next six weeks most efficiently in terms of studying to get decent grades if that is possible

Postby 09042014 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:51 am

You don't catch up, you just learn from someone else's outline.

dturnbull87

Postby dturnbull87 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:53 am

Get an unpaid internship and see if "law is right for you." Try now for the low price of $120,000, paid forth in 4 separate installments.

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 am

Your study habits to this point sound like every other 2L I know, myself included. One month till exams sounds about right in terms starting to turn up the heat. Unless you have a crazy course load, you have plenty of time left to learn the material and do well. But convince yourself to start today.

K.R.I.T.

Postby K.R.I.T. » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 pm

I, too, am a 2L and haven't read at all for 3 of my classes. I don't think this is unusual. Just hustle in the coming weeks and you'll be golden.

TheGreatWhiteHorse

Postby TheGreatWhiteHorse » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:

sniff sniff.......I smell "gunner"

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm in my last semester (of a 4 year dual-degree program), and I can tell you, it doesn't get better. Every semester, I promise myself that I'll be better. I try to care. I get through a class or two, and then I'm back to my normal self.

T00L

Postby T00L » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:43 pm

utilitarianjac wrote:

I'm in my last semester (of a 4 year dual-degree program), and I can tell you, it doesn't get better. Every semester, I promise myself that I'll be better. I try to care. I get through a class or two, and then I'm back to my normal self.

Do you go to pepperdine?

I imagine that makes it hard to concentrate

philly_law

Postby philly_law » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Don't worry, 2L completely blows and I'm pretty sure no one besides maybe a few clerkship gunners give a fuck at this point. I have a bunch of classes I haven't read for too, I'm, just going to try to get old outlines and do what I can. I'm not even sure if most 2L classes are still on the curve. I'm sure it will be alright. Good luck.

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 pm

T00L wrote:
utilitarianjac wrote:

Do you go to pepperdine?

I imagine that makes it hard to concentrate

Living in Malibu does make it tough to concentrate on law school. As does applying to graduate programs for next year, the excitement of graduating, and a whole host of other things...

It will all be over soon!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”