Brooks Brothers and their outlet stores Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Scotusnerd

Silver

Brooks Brothers and their outlet stores

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Quick question about suits. I went to the Brooks Brothers' factory outlet, and I was wondering if the suits they sell there are the same as in the main stores. The suit I tried on was a 'wool blend'. Is this 100% wool or is it something else? I've read the suit megapost, and I'm suspicious. Has anyone purchased a suit from these outlet stores?

NoleinNY

Silver

Re: Brooks Brothers and their outlet stores

Post by NoleinNY » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:Quick question about suits. I went to the Brooks Brothers' factory outlet, and I was wondering if the suits they sell there are the same as in the main stores. The suit I tried on was a 'wool blend'. Is this 100% wool or is it something else? I've read the suit megapost, and I'm suspicious. Has anyone purchased a suit from these outlet stores?
No, not the same. But I have a pair of suits from them and love them.

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 pm

The suits they sell at the outlets, the 346 line, are far from the same as their flagship line, the 1818 collection. Whether they're a good deal or not is another question. People seem to like them.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I guess that's my next question. Do you think two of the suits for $500 is a good deal?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:00 am

2 for $500 is a good deal, at least for getting through school. No one is expecting a custom-made Southwick or Gieves & Hawkes suit for a student.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 am

Best deal for a law student. Allows you to effectively look the part while not committing you to suits your 2L year for the next five years. The only difference is that thet are not made the same way and will get worn out quicker.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

I'm going into my summer SA in a few months at a firm that requires suit every day, so this sounds like a good deal for upping my suit inventory without breaking the bank. I figure I can get some finer suits once I actually have a paycheck to spend on them, but these Brooks Brothers Outlet suits sound like they are certainly something that would work for my SA as a carryover to when I (hopefully) begin work at the firm full time.

rckybbby

New

Post by rckybbby » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 pm

0L here, coming from the military. i own one suit that doesn't really fit. do i need a suit/ suits for LS? how many? if yes, can i just go to banana republic or something? coming from the military i have never wanted/ needed to wear a suit so i know dick about it. help please, i don't know what i'm doing. thanks in advance.

emptyflare

New

Post by emptyflare » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:39 pm

rckybbby wrote:0L here, coming from the military. i own one suit that doesn't really fit. do i need a suit/ suits for LS? how many? if yes, can i just go to banana republic or something? coming from the military i have never wanted/ needed to wear a suit so i know dick about it. help please, i don't know what i'm doing. thanks in advance.

Pufer's Guide to Suits should help you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... s#p5175234

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”