Any experiences with the Stratus Law School Bootcamp?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jonmraz73

Any experiences with the Stratus Law School Bootcamp?

Postby jonmraz73 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Has anyone attended the Stratus Law School Bootcamp in NYC? Would greatly appreciate your feedback.

--LinkRemoved--

I am considering attending it this summer. I know some will say there are cheaper alternatives or low-cost ways to get the same. Is there any way that this will harm me?

kalvano

Re: Any experiences with the Stratus Law School Bootcamp?

Postby kalvano » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Waste of money. TLS has all the info you need.

NeighborGuy

Postby NeighborGuy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:07 pm

jonmraz73 wrote:Is there any way that this will harm me?

Anytime you blindly follow conventional wisdom, it could potentially harm you. Read TLS to gather information, and take note of advice that you almost never see anyone arguing against. There are universal bits of advice that will be of general use to you, but the real important stuff (ultimately, how you score points on a particular professor's test) is school/professor specific and no generalized boot camp or forum can teach you that. If you're a 0L, your best bet is to start learning the universal stuff now and start learning the school/professor specific things when you get to your school and have access to the profs. and upperclassmen.

Note that many upperclassmen will be less than helpful. You'll have to keep your own eyes open and pay attention to what's in front of you to figure out how best to score points on that particular professor's exam. If you can do this, you'll do very well.

TLDR version: save your money. Learn your professors and don't pay too much attention to homogenized law school info.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Agreed with the above. If you are crazy about doing well, read everything you can on every "system" or pieces of advice. Eventually, it'll all mesh together and you'll synthesize what is important and develop your own sort of system. This is way more efficient and effective than following 1 person's guide (which may not work for you).

Start with all of the TLS threads, Getting to Maybe, LEEWs, and Delaney. You should have a decent idea of what is going on after that.

jimwilson

Postby jimwilson » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:43 am

SPAM REMOVED

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”